Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you been watching?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Dune is available for download but I want to see it on a big screen then use the download for revisiting scenes.
    I'm still going to go watch it at the Cinema when it comes out, hopefully will be able to do it on an Imax screen - because even at 4K on my Gaming monitor it was exquisite, so on Imax it should be breathtaking.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Inside job. Netflix.

Cartoon. Every conspiracy is true and these misfits are trying to keep it under wraps for deep state. Silly, but an antidote for the dumb fucks who believe in all the shit we see posted which doesn't warrant more than a giggle.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Currently watching Narcos the umpty umpth series on Netflix. Not that it's riveting stuff, it's more like a comfortable pair of slippers. The body count is rising though.
    I'm part way through several other series that I just can't be bothered with currently. So my Spanish swear word lessons continue.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    In reference to my post in Lockdown projects...

I've been watching a lot of Youtube tutorials.

Have to say, the Mitre10 YT channel guides are actually quite helpful.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    In reference to my post in Lockdown projects...

I've been watching a lot of Youtube tutorials.

Have to say, the Mitre10 YT channel guides are actually quite helpful.
    Highly recommend Scott Brown Carpentry in Auckland. His YouTube vids are great, specially in regard to crooked walls mentioned in that other thread, he has great to techniques for dealing with that. Also American dude Essential Craftsman is excellent for proper techniques.

Binge watched Des TVNZ on demand, true story ex cop serial killer uk, well told story.

And what could be better than couple real hard working blokes talking heavy machines. The dude getting interviewed is copperhead marine. His vids are much shorter and less flash than let’s dig, but he’s obviously a man who knows how to get a job done and work hard. Stuff like this should be required viewing for workers of tommorow....

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    My favourite redneck snow-Mexican gets involved in moving a bridge. Snaps a winch cable twice and doesn’t bat an eyelid.
    Great channel for expanding your vocabulary 😂

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Old movies sometimes the best, no woke pic nonsense in here. Oh and that Dana Wynter is one tidy bit of crumpet.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    FRAYED on Netflix-The funnist program I have seen in years-A bit like a very rude version of The Castle

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I've been lured into watching this dude..

Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Noraly, she of Itchy Boots, has decided that enough countries have opened their borders for her to continue her COVID interrupted ride from the southern tip of South America to Alaska. She has bought a new bike, a Honda CRF300 Rally. She has been fitting it out with crash bars, bash plate and luggage as well as her electronics.

Her riding has improved immensely of late although it's not as if we mortals can criticise someone who has ridden the places she has.

Episode 1 Series 6 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTnuoczs3tw
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Her riding has improved immensely of late although it's not as if we mortals can criticise someone who has ridden the places she has.
    Of course we can, I've watched her make a dogs breakfast and struggle with stuff I could do on a road bike
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Of course we can, I've watched her make a dogs breakfast and struggle with stuff I could do on a road bike
    You can.

I recall Ted Simon's words in "Jupiter's Travels". He recounts how pictures of his sand riding technique (or the lack thereof?) attracted considerable criticism. Subsequently he came across a photograph of another famous motorcycling globe trotter, a German, using the same method he used. This prompted him to ponder, (from memory), 'Perhaps those who best know how to ride don't actually go anywhere?'

Thus cautioned, I'm reluctant to criticise the technique of any world travelling solo rider.

Riders with a sag wagon and TV crew in tow, however, would not qualify for the same restraint.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Currently watching the Wheel of Time on Prime.

I read the first 5? books back in the late 90s, early 2000s and I never finished book 5 (there's literally about 200 pages of them wandering around in the Desert....) But my memory is that the first 3 books were awesome.

Everyone who has finished the series says that the last books make up for the bogdown in the middle books.

So far, it's good - a couple of 'meh' episodes, but there's only 5 and a lot of it is setup and introduction. Rosamund Pike is an Excellent Morraine and the way the Aes Sedai are portrayed as both 'Yay Female Empowerment' but also 'Bitter jealous man-haters' is very interesting and fits very well into some of the themes of the books.

However, the reason I'm posting this is the 5th episode was Amazing - it's got one of the most emotional funeral scenes I've seen in a while.

If you like High Fantasy, with lots of detail - world building, a very complex but well-developed Magic System - then I'd suggest both watching it and reading the books.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016

Power of the dog

I recently watched this subtle movie on netflix.

You need to catch the opening words so you can get the ending.

Cumberbatch at his best.
    Campion at her best.

recommended

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    "Dune" at the cinema last night. Loved it - dark, broody, bought the book to life. Neat ornithopters. I hope when part two comes out it pickup where this one left off without any "this is what happened last time" stuff
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information