Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long time, no see

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi

Long time, no see

I'm back from my forums retirement for another tour!

Many bikes have come and gone in the last few years since I've posted regularly, all shapes and sizes. Older cars seem to have my attention more these days though, they fall over less on me

I'm now left with a little GT125 in my possession

If anyone could help me source an airbox for it, that would be appreciated

Some pics for attention of my new ginger friend

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Very cute. People and pod filters!?!!

You might be ebay unless you find a local enthusiast with 9 tucked away. Try old school wrecker like Total motorcycles. Maybe Buckets but he has moved most stuff on.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I'm back from my forums retirement for another tour!

Many bikes have come and gone in the last few years since I've posted regularly, all shapes and sizes. Older cars seem to have my attention more these days though, they fall over less on me

I'm now left with a little GT125 in my possession

If anyone could help me source an airbox for it, that would be appreciated

Some pics for attention of my new ginger friend

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk
    I managed to pick up about 3 engines from someone for them a while back for a bucket racer who was going to use it in a bucket sidecar, buggered if I can remember who it was though. If I remember I'll see if he has an airbox in the bits I got, I can't recall what was in there.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    My last bike before my 'mortgage and kids' hiatus many years ago (AKA 'The Dark Ages') was a GT125. It was awesome and it could move. I made it move so much one morning that I put a hole in a piston. No worries said the mechanic. I'll just weld it up and it'll be good as gold. So he did. And it was.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Some less crazy handlebars would be nice and there are much better repro seatcovers surely for not too much money. Sadly the chrome trim for seat will be hard to replicate.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Some less crazy handlebars would be nice and there are much better repro seatcovers surely for not too much money. Sadly the chrome trim for seat will be hard to replicate.
    The previous owner is trying to find where the original bars went, otherwise I'll just pop down the local and grab a new set, these are far too low, plug the banjo fitting on the m/c hits the fork cap, so cannot get the lever in a nice position

Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    My last bike before my 'mortgage and kids' hiatus many years ago (AKA 'The Dark Ages') was a GT125. It was awesome and it could move. I made it move so much one morning that I put a hole in a piston. No worries said the mechanic. I'll just weld it up and it'll be good as gold. So he did. And it was.
    That's bloody brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I managed to pick up about 3 engines from someone for them a while back for a bucket racer who was going to use it in a bucket sidecar, buggered if I can remember who it was though. If I remember I'll see if he has an airbox in the bits I got, I can't recall what was in there.
    Would be greatly appreciated if you could manage to help!
    Very cute. People and pod filters!?!!

You might be ebay unless you find a local enthusiast with 9 tucked away. Try old school wrecker like Total motorcycles. Maybe Buckets but he has moved most stuff on.
    It's likely not even jetted for the filters too...
    eBay has quite a few handy bits, looks like the only way I'll manage to get a gasket kit for it
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Sold
    Older cars seem to have my attention more these days though, they fall over less on me
    Curious to know what older cars your interest is in? I'm in the early stages of thinking about getting a "classic" car which isn't going to kill our kid's inheritance. The one which appeals to me is the Reliant Scimitar GTE or even the coupe version.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Either jetting unchanged, or he's put mainjets 5 sizes bigger to handle all the extra imagined power. Google will be your friend for specs..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Curious to know what older cars your interest is in? I'm in the early stages of thinking about getting a "classic" car which isn't going to kill our kid's inheritance. The one which appeals to me is the Reliant Scimitar GTE or even the coupe version.
    If you travel inland sth Island you may find a mazda familia that hasn't rusted to it's wheel arches. A lot less grief crawling underneath it in your dotage, and the added advantage that it might be worth something to the 50yrs old when your son inherits it.

Ok you might not want to be seen in it. But as Meat Loaf sez. . .

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Either jetting unchanged, or he's put mainjets 5 sizes bigger to handle all the extra imagined power. Google will be your friend for specs..
    I'll know soon enough! He said he hasn't touched the carbs, and they need a birthday anyhoo.
    I just sold my 62 Morrie Minor, currently have a 35 Austin 10 Litchfield, 75 Austin 1300 and a 64 MG Midget with a 1275 in the shed

The Scimitar aren't a bad bus at all, lovely looking things

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Personally I'd be jumping on something Japanese that's not quite gone stupid in price yet, a WRX STI or evo, they're creeping up in price (especially Skylines) but they will almost certainly continue to go up in price as they're getting ruined slowly by dickheads

Bike
    Sold
    I'll know soon enough! He said he hasn't touched the carbs, and they need a birthday anyhoo.

I just sold my 62 Morrie Minor, currently have a 35 Austin 10 Litchfield, 75 Austin 1300 and a 64 MG Midget with a 1275 in the shed

The Scimitar aren't a bad bus at all, lovely looking things
    Nice! One of my neighbours has a Midget waiting to be restored. (which it never will be because he has too many distractions). It was raced by a previous owner and has a bigger engine too, but unsure of capacity. It has a humungous Weber on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Personally I'd be jumping on something Japanese that's not quite gone stupid in price yet, a WRX STI or evo, they're creeping up in price (especially Skylines) but they will almost certainly continue to go up in price as they're getting ruined slowly by dickheads
    Nice in their own right but a bit too modern. I really fancy a Cobra replica but would have to pay really silly money. Considering the Scimitar came out in the 60's, the shape doesn't seem dated - see pic. Thinking about outrageous prices, a UK mate of mine has restored a 60's Jensen CV8, pretty much from the ground up over a period of 25 years. He was recently offered 80,000 quid for it by the original owner who happened to be the drummer for the UK pop group Slade. He turned it down as his soul is in the car after the massive rebuild.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GTE.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	348950  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I know 3 people with cobras, 2 of them complete. Nah, you want a nice little Honda City. Or a Mirage with Powershift ​tm

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Guess we all have a few pics.

The memories are just as good too. Brand new '01 CR500R on the trailer. Pic taken in 2008 ? Moving houses.

The bike is still a zero hour machine, stored undercover. Time flys aye.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrubbery 1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	348951

Bike
    Sold
    I know 3 people with cobras, 2 of them complete. Nah, you want a nice little Honda City. Or a Mirage with Powershift ​tm
    And I know what you want too

Thread Information