Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done, lads!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I was on a ride heading up the Waitaki valley. The front runner put on an impressive burst of speed. Then his radar detector started ringing in his ear. On came the brakes to slow a bit before the cop got a lock on his speed. Said front runner eased off the brakes a little early. Cop got him at 123 km/hr.

Cop told him had he not stopped braking ... he wouldn't have got a locked speed reading.
    Interesting, wonder of any of our learned members of the secret society of speed enforcement will elaborate on device operation....

Would make sense that it would have some kind of logic circuit to do multiple readings to eliminate false readings off stationary objects....

I never got the brake as the big nose dive is a pure admission of guilt... I just roll off throttle on car and bike... wonder if that’s why I’ve evaded a few likely tickets???
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Interesting, wonder of any of our learned members of the secret society of speed enforcement will elaborate on device operation....
    I was told the fraction of a second ... that the offending vehicle had to be at a constant speed for to get a lock on ... but old age and abuse of alcohol ... blah blah ... I've forgotten.

I have got a few single flashes of the red and blues ... more times than I've received actual paperwork ... so all good for me (mostly) so far.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information