Thread: Pakuranga Hwy - Ti Rakau intersection slippery?

Bike
    2006 Harley-Davidson Vrod VRSCR

Pakuranga Hwy - Ti Rakau intersection slippery?

Does anyone find the Pakuranga Highway - Ti Rakau intersection extremely slippery?

I was in the rain yesterday, behind a car at the traffic lights turning right on the Pakuranga Hwy. When it turned green I followed the car and my back wheel just started spinning and I almost ended up across the kerb onto the cars waiting at the trafic lights. We didn't accelerate fast at all?? It felt like going on a patch of ice.

Bike
    Big money wasters
    Driving the work car today it was very slippery around intersections in the same area .
    Take it easy out there.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    There is a lot of stopped traffic there throughout the day (not to mention all the roadworks moving things around), so yeah, after the first rain in a while, it's going to be very slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Report it to the council through the Snap-Send-Solve app (use the same for potholes). Depending on the size of the issue, they say they will get a crew to fix it within a couple days. Just beware that the fix for this intersection would likely be some ice to make it more slippery...

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Report it to the council through the Snap-Send-Solve app (use the same for potholes). Depending on the size of the issue, they say they will get a crew to fix it within a couple days. Just beware that the fix for this intersection would likely be some ice to make it more slippery...
    Remember about 1980 turning right off Ti Rakau Drive to head up the hill on the Pakuranga Hwy toward Howick at the lights . Had just left the Black Horse pub in my Vauxhall Ventora FD. 3.3 motor, 4 speed manual, standard car, the first model Ventora, without the over-drive. It had been raining and as I turned right I gave it a bit of a boot in 2nd and the tail swung out left and then right. Must have been about 10 pm on a Saturday night. Devo playing on the Pioneer cassette stereo . Cop saw me and pulled me over. Asked if I'd been drinking and, I told him I'd had a couple of beers but that's all. He asked me where I lived and told him Gossamer Drive . He said to me to slow down and drive safely. " If I see you again tonight I'll have to give you a breath-test ". Memories.

Seems the intersection hasn't changed. Wish I still had the car too.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My dad had a Ventora. Many year later I had a 3.3 victor with knackered everything a sub $1000 car deserved.

We're through being cool.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    . He asked me where I lived and told him Gossamer Drive .
    Was Auckland council so hard-up for street names back then that they named your road after a Durex condom? Is there a Fetherlite Drive as well?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gossamer.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	349116  
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    KTM
    What a stupid name for a condom

"Gossamer is something super fine and delicate — like a spider web or the material of a wedding veil."

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post

"Gossamer is something super fine and delicate — like a spider web or the material of a wedding veil."
    What a stupid name for a street.

But, there you go.... A house on Gossamer drive now will cost more than a few packets of Condoms.

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    My dad had a Ventora. Many year later I had a 3.3 victor with knackered everything a sub $1000 car deserved.

We're through being cool.
    Good song by Devo.

Me and my 3 mates managed 100 mph in my Ventora with two surfboards on the roof and fully laden on the trip to the Mount. Might have been a bit more there but, not much more.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My Victor was a liability at 60mph. Girlfriend said she liked the bike better and I kinda bought it with her in mind so it got parked for months.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post

well what if the kitchen bitch is doing the shopping then?

Thread Information