Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: speed... GPS vs speedo

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Bugger off Dave...
    So this part will get them going again...
    Part reason for the thread is a public member *555 me right, tried getting me for "dangerous" but its come in the mail and its passing with no view ahead...
    CROCK A SHIT they were in a wee car tailgating another, so all they could see was a bumper I however have 2m roof height and could see for... And here we have it cos I brought a dash cam GPS and took a video and measured the road, 800m viability.
    We were in a 100k area them 70-80kph max and twice down to 60kph.
    So I passed and they complained and I got nicked

Fuckers
    I’d contest that, make the deckers show up in court and make them provide evidence....

Trouble is I expect the cop has issued you an ‘improper overtake’ typecticket under careless use which is say $150 fine knowing full well the cost of protesting your innocence is much higher...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    ohh we chatted all right, he rightly nutted of at me hence the dangerous threat... but he sent out the later
    That sucks dude.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    I’d contest that, make the deckers show up in court and make them provide evidence....

Trouble is I expect the cop has issued you an ‘improper overtake’ typecticket under careless use which is say $150 fine knowing full well the cost of protesting your innocence is much higher...
    I had a similar accusation via *555 a few years back. I gave a slightly different version to the complainant. I told the cop I was happy to take it to Court. And to ensure the complainant was in court to give their version IN COURT. Regardless of any formal (sworn) statement they might have made. Turns out NO official complaint at a Police station was ever made. When I got to court on the day ... the charge was dropped as no official complaint was actually made.

There are some with *555 on speed dial. They go driving LOOKING for bad driving.

The best thing to do is ... deny everything ... And keep a straight face.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans

Im going to, yeah $150 and 35 points... thats not so bad, but fuck it no stuck up prat that is so insecure on the road that they max out at 80KPH and wont move over so inexperienced that they think they have the right to tattle false tales... naa im over fuckers like this, just cos they have a shit life and or no life dont mean they need to fuck with mine... I was on a nice drive with my two sons to see their gran... and now risk loosing my licence.

so yeah, gathering my GPS stats and doing my math with video...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Bugger off Dave...
    So this part will get them going again...
    Part reason for the thread is a public member *555 me right, tried getting me for "dangerous" but its come in the mail and its passing with no view ahead...
    CROCK A SHIT they were in a wee car tailgating another, so all they could see was a bumper I however have 2m roof height and could see for... And here we have it cos I brought a dash cam GPS and took a video and measured the road, 800m viability.
    We were in a 100k area them 70-80kph max and twice down to 60kph.
    So I passed and they complained and I got nicked

Fuckers
    Section 7.17 of Land Transport (Road User) Rules 2004: https://www.legislation.govt.nz/regu...html#DLM303635
    Basically, you commit an offence if you travel so close to the vehicle in front as to inhibit others from passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Im going to, yeah $150 and 35 points... thats not so bad, but fuck it no stuck up prat that is so insecure on the road that they max out at 80KPH and wont move over so inexperienced that they think they have the right to tattle false tales... naa im over fuckers like this, just cos they have a shit life and or no life dont mean they need to fuck with mine... I was on a nice drive with my two sons to see their gran... and now risk loosing my licence.

so yeah, gathering my GPS stats and doing my math with video...
    Don’t get too flash or you risk the legal sharks tripping you up without your own evidence.
    All you need to do is contest the accuracy of the allegation.
    For starters I’d want to see a written signed statement made on or damn near as close as possible to offence date by the *555er.
    If your lucky the cop will have been lazy and just talked over the phone with them.
    I would take a simple unedited photo from the site that shows your safe view and distance.
    Avoid any emotional derogatory description of the other driver, they are just a fellow motorist who interpreted a scene differently to you.
    The court will not want to waste time or punish you for an instance where there isn’t clear evidence of the described offence. It’s not like someone oncoming has dashcam of emergency braking to avoid you etc...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    ohh we chatted all right, he rightly nutted of at me hence the dangerous threat... but he sent out the later
    Oh bugger....

Bugger

Never talk to the police without your lawyer.... it’s like sitting down at the salesman’s desk in the dealership, your not leaving without spending big $$

There’s a good American vid that says 80% of convictions would never happen without accused confessing, that’s why they precondition people via tv shows to the plea bargaining concept....
    At least phone books have gotten smaller these days 😂😂😂😂

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Just perhaps ... you might not be telling US the full story. Rightly nutted off ... ????

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Probably just after dangerous head butted 'im, jeez he couldn't take a joke. Was only a light one.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Last time I looked, and it was a while ago, everybody appearing in court that day for careless use lost their licence. Well, all but one. Me. I had a lawyer.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Just perhaps ... you might not be telling US the full story. Rightly nutted off ... ????
    this guy is a known bike hater... but very passionate about his hood, and fair nuff he lives there... but OTT all the same
    yeah... there was aparently 3 complants... then as I was parked up a nother car pulled up and complained... odddly there were 3 people in it... and it was the car I passed...

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Last time I looked, and it was a while ago, everybody appearing in court that day for careless use lost their licence. Well, all but one. Me. I had a lawyer.
    I dont... and expect to go down the same way... but as far as im concerned, I tried and stood up for my rights... as the CLASH sung...

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Probably just after dangerous head butted 'im, jeez he couldn't take a joke. Was only a light one.
    I wish... to old for that shit, id KO myself...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I left my baby and it feels so bad
    Guess my race is run
    She's the best girl that I ever had

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I left my baby and it feels so bad
    Guess my race is run
    She's the best girl that I ever had
    I fort the law... And the law one...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    It was on the good
    Don’t get too flash or you risk the legal sharks tripping you up without your own evidence.
    All you need to do is contest the accuracy of the allegation.
    For starters I’d want to see a written signed statement made on or damn near as close as possible to offence date by the *555er.
    If your lucky the cop will have been lazy and just talked over the phone with them.
    I would take a simple unedited photo from the site that shows your safe view and distance.
    Avoid any emotional derogatory description of the other driver, they are just a fellow motorist who interpreted a scene differently to you.
    The court will not want to waste time or punish you for an instance where there isn’t clear evidence of the described offence. It’s not like someone oncoming has dashcam of emergency braking to avoid you etc...
    Quick, gets the Mods. Someone has stolen R650R's log in.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... All you need to do is contest the accuracy of the allegation.
    Nope ... just deny everything.

The basic theory of the *555 system is reporting NON urgent driving behavior and incidents. ie: Not requiring immediate Police attention like a collision.

Through the process ... only phone conversations are usually made between Police/accuser and Police/accused. Unless a Patrol car is in the area.

For what you may be regarding as a serious incident that you are reporting ... it is (you are) ADVISED to FORMALLY report it at any Police station in a FORMAL report/complaint. Most of the tossers that love doing the *555 thing are usually too fucking lazy to do this.

When plod contacts the accused ... and asks did you ... etc ??? ... and YOU say yes (in any way shape or form) ... the ticket will be in the mail. And if you deny it ALL ... the plod has two choices. Continue to investigate the incident ... or drop it. Usually after a short lecture on the seriousness on the topic of the issue being complained about. The Police being very busy people ... usually drops it ... with the he said / she said type reports. Unless THEY regard it as potentially serious and requires more investigation. Bear in mind *555 is for NON urgent and NON serious driving incidents. If you report an incident you will be told this.

A formal complaint being made by the complaint on the incident ... bumps the process up a bit. And a visit from plod can be expected by the accused.

The result in favor of those being reported ... depends mostly on the laziness of both the complainant and plod. The more work they have to do to get a result ... the less likely they will.

If you MAKE a complaint ... make it a formal one. They have the BEST chance of being actioned. But be accurate with ALL the details.

Thread Information