Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: speed... GPS vs speedo

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    dangerous fort the law.... AND D won

thanks for the advice given people... and lessons learnt...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    dangerous fort the law.... AND D won

thanks for the advice given people... and lessons learnt...
    Awesome... so debrief time what angle worked out in the end?
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Firstly NEVER tell the cop about your GPS device if your disputing his claim. As all you are doing is announcing another treasure trove of evidence that he can now seize and use against you.
    Same for any of those phone apps that track your ride and overlay it on a sat map for social media bragging
    Rubbish. Cop pulled me over after following me for about 20kms. My max speed was 107kph. When he pulled me over he said he clocked me at 130kph. He showed me his radar and it did indeed have 130 locked in but you can bet it was from the car he pulled over just before he pulled me up. I told him his locked in speed was bullshit and I could prove it via my GPS tracking. He then proceeded to tell me GPS was not a calibrated device and was prone to errors. He then told me I was doing nothing wrong but to slow down a bit. He then left.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by veldthui View Post
    Rubbish. Cop pulled me over after following me for about 20kms. My max speed was 107kph. When he pulled me over he said he clocked me at 130kph. He showed me his radar and it did indeed have 130 locked in but you can bet it was from the car he pulled over just before he pulled me up. I told him his locked in speed was bullshit and I could prove it via my GPS tracking. He then proceeded to tell me GPS was not a calibrated device and was prone to errors. He then told me I was doing nothing wrong but to slow down a bit. He then left.
    Rubbish in regard to what I posted, reread my post correctly.

You got a rookie cop who may have made an error andcrealised his error... not related to what I posted

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I was pulled over for 111 a few years ago when my speed was more like 100. The cop said my speedo must be wrong and I got the same speech when I told him I'd checked it by GPS.

I let it go in the end because he was getting pretty wound up, plus I was relieved he hadn't clocked me 5 minutes earlier!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    These previous posts are a good reason why a cop radar lock should be timestamped. If the shittiest Android phone is capable of time and date stamping a photo or text and the internal clock is set to GPS time (or network time or whatever) then it should not be beyond the capabilities of the radar makers
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I was pulled over for 111 a few years ago when my speed was much lower. The cop said my speedo must be wrong and I got the same speech when I told him I'd checked it by GPS.

I let it go in the end because he was getting pretty wound up, plus I was relieved he hadn't clocked me 5 minutes earlier!

He didn't clock you ... a few have been known to leave a speed reading in view. As he probably did prior to your stop ...

Next time don't let it go. "Getting wound up" means HE knew he was losing the battle ...

I was once told my GPS needed "Re calibrating" ...

And ask THEM what date their unit was last certified as being correct ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    These previous posts are a good reason why a cop radar lock should be timestamped. If the shittiest Android phone is capable of time and date stamping a photo or text and the internal clock is set to GPS time (or network time or whatever) then it should not be beyond the capabilities of the radar makers
    You mean it's not??? You'd think in 2021 it would also take a photo showing what it had locked on to.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    The angle of the dangle is critical ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    You mean it's not??? You'd think in 2021 it would also take a photo showing what it had locked on to.
    At the range they can get a locked on speed ... you wont get a good (or any) picture.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    in brief... I said NOT guilty and that the public is not competent nor qualified to make the call and should they require I have video, photos and measurements to back up my innocence
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    in brief... I said NOT guilty and that the public is not competent nor qualified to make the call and should they require I have video, photos and measurements to back up my innocence
    Cool. I’ve always wanted to use that line. I’d assume the “witnesses” for the prosecution prob didn’t show up ???? As you’d have the right to cross examine them....

Bike
    BMW R1200RT 2014
    Rubbish in regard to what I posted, reread my post correctly.

You got a rookie cop who may have made an error andcrealised his error... not related to what I posted
    You said never disclose that you have GPS tracking. If I had not I would have gotten a ticket for 130kph and then have to had gone through the bullshit of proving it in court. By telling him I bypassed all this.

And he was not a rookie cop and he knew what he was doing. He followed me for 20kms falling way back at times to try and catch me speeding but I stayed doing 105-107kph. When that failed he used the previous reading he had and got caught out. If he booked me for 107 then I would have said fair cop and accepted it.

Thread Information