Thread: Restricted Test AN125

Bike
    Suzuki

Restricted Test AN125

Hi all,

Need to sit my restricted test and I currently own a Suzuki AN125. Is there any issue with using this for the test?

Cheers,
    Gus

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus002 View Post
    Hi all,

Need to sit my restricted test and I currently own a Suzuki AN125. Is there any issue with using this for the test?

Cheers,
    Gus
    Riders on a learner or restricted licence can ride any motorcycle under 250cc. Except for a list of prohibited, highly-powerful machines. You can also ride any bikes with an engine capacity under 660cc on the LAM's list of approved motorcycles.

The Motorcycle Restricted Licence test will involve riding in a series of different situations and at different speeds. The testing officer will also check your motorcycle before the test to ensure it is roadworthy. To pass the test you will need to be able to: Safely (and confidently) ride in high speed zones (up to 100km/h)

If your AN125 can handle that speed ... there won't be an issue. If it can't ... instant fail.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus002 View Post
    Hi all,

Cheers,
    Gus
    The 6R CBTA test should be done on a motorcycle that can maintain the open road speed limit. From what I can see the AN125 would likely struggle to crack 100 km/h?

Refer page 6 of CBTA course guide.
    https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/Driv...urse-guide.pdf

Short answer is you might be better off to use a training providers loan bike, will be one with gears and clutch as opposed to the scooter type AN125, to sit the 6R test.

Thread Information