Thread: Motorcycle WOF Auckland 2021

Bike
    89 FZR250, 92 CBR400RR, 06 675 Daytona

Motorcycle WOF Auckland 2021

Hey Team, let us start up a new thread regarding where you go for your WOF in Auckland in 2021. Give us the price you paid and how competent you feel the assessor was (this is your opinion nothing more).

I wanted to start this up again to create some competition with WOF prices. It's just getting ridiculously expensive for a checkup. So, let your fellow riders know the best place in terms of price and competency to get a WOF for their bike (in Auckland).

The two places I've been in the past two years are:

1. Colemans Suzuki, $55 for a 10-15mins check. Yeah the dude was good, I did have to ask what condition the steering head bearing was in - for him to actually check it so hey

2/3. Motohaus Tyre & WOF Who don't do WOFs themselves. They send it to Johns and Gee Automotive down the road for $50 (in 2020) for a 20min check. In this process I had my bike checked twice haha so I can say it was very well looked at.
    * AJ at Motohaus doesn't take WOF jobs anymore *

Let us hear your story.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronnaz View Post
    Hey Team, let us start up a new thread regarding where you go for your WOF in Auckland in 2021. Give us the price you paid and how competent you feel the assessor was (this is your opinion nothing more).

I wanted to start this up again to create some competition with WOF prices. It's just getting ridiculously expensive for a checkup. So, let your fellow riders know the best place in terms of price and competency to get a WOF for their bike (in Auckland).

The two places I've been in the past two years are:

1. Colemans Suzuki, $55 for a 10-15mins check. Yeah the dude was good, I did have to ask what condition the steering wheel bearing was in - for him to actually check it so hey

2/3. Motohaus Tyre & WOF Who don't do WOFs themselves. They send it to Johns and Gee Automotive down the road for $50 (in 2020) for a 20min check. In this process I had my bike checked twice haha so I can say it was very well looked at.
    * AJ at Motohaus doesn't take WOF jobs anymore *

Let us hear your story.
    The price anybody might pay for a WOF is irrelevant. The basic expectation is that you can trust the WOF provider with their Checks and are accurate with the standards they keep ... especially when checking YOUR motorcycle.

If you base YOUR standards and opinions of their abilities ... on what it financially cost you in $$$ alone ... and compare prices they charge you on that basis ... that is your decision to make.

There are issues that need your consideration before leaving your pride and joy at any establishment. If they test your motorcycle and it fails ...

Do they ...

1. Contact you immediately and tell you what they've found ... prior to making necessary repairs ... and informing you of the probable costs .. ???

2. Wait until you show up to collect it ... and give you the bad news (just before you were intending to head away on it for a long weekend trip).

3. Fix the issues and hand you the bill. (Did asking you for your permission to do this feature in the WOF process) Please pay at the front desk on your way out.

4. Do they warn you of upcoming issues .. brake-pads/disc pad thickness's ... fluid levels etc.

5. Does the location of their premise's ... have any part to play in the costs being charged .. ??

6. Do you ask around at other establishments prior to bringing it to them .. ?? Or was that your aim when this thread was started .. ???

7. Do you regard the WOF for your car ... in the same regard as you do for your Motorcycle .. ??? Is there a difference in any regard .. ??
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    suzuki
    I did have to ask what condition the steering wheel bearing was in
    what have you been sniffing? there are steering head bearings and there are wheel bearings.

How can you run a 'crusade' to sort something out you have no fucking idea about?

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    what have you been sniffing? there are steering head bearings and there are wheel bearings.

How can you run a 'crusade' to sort something out you have no fucking idea about?
    Isn't that how all 'crusades' start?

Bike
    89 FZR250, 92 CBR400RR, 06 675 Daytona
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    6. Do you ask around at other establishments prior to bringing it to them .. ?? Or was that your aim when this thread was started .. ???
    Exactly that.

A person needs to trust their WOF provider in their ability to do their checks. Now, we are all individuals, with our own riding experience, bike experience and WOF experiences. The only way you pass on your experiences is by telling others. I've only been to two places here in Auckland and have given my experience on it for you (the reader) to take it as something to consider when choosing a WOF provider.

Thanks FJRider - you've pointed out a lot of valid considerations when choosing a provider. However, I only know two places I can compare.
    Can you tell me more?

What WOF provider do you go to?

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    there are steering head bearings and there are wheel bearings.
    Cheers edited.

Also... you run a successful crusade by finding the right advisors to help you. Wanna join up?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Exactly that.

Thanks FJRider - you've pointed out a lot of valid considerations when choosing a provider. However, I only know two places I can compare.
    Can you tell me more?

What WOF provider do you go to?

I do not live in or near Auckland. I live in the lower South Island. The WOF provider I use is as unlikely travel to Auckland for you ... as you are to travel to them.

But ... Take a wander around a few places in locations that would be good for you (look in the phone book for the addresses) ... but you can find places that aren't "Handy" for you ... but you get good service ... and are often cheaper as they have lower overheads.

Ask questions. Watch how they deal with customers motorcycles. Is that how you would like them handling YOUR motorcycle .. ??

Take your time deciding ... and enjoy the experience
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Thread Information