Thread: In- helmet speakers

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike

In- helmet speakers

So I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day with earphones inserted into my lugs under my crash helmet listening to audiobooks. Unfortunately the action of taking my helmet off eventually damages the earphones and I go through 3 or 4 sets a year.
    What I want is just a set of speakers that can live in my helmet and connect to my phone either by bluetooth or cable. I suspect though that if connected by cable, the speakers would chew through the phone battery fairly fast. If connected by bluetooth I'd need to charge them up every couple of days.
    Can anyone suggest something that might work for me?
    Please and thank you.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    A
    Comms set linked to phone by bluetooth.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    So I spend about 3 or 4 hours a day with earphones inserted into my lugs under my crash helmet listening to audiobooks. Unfortunately the action of taking my helmet off eventually damages the earphones and I go through 3 or 4 sets a year.
    What I want is just a set of speakers that can live in my helmet and connect to my phone either by bluetooth or cable. I suspect though that if connected by cable, the speakers would chew through the phone battery fairly fast. If connected by bluetooth I'd need to charge them up every couple of days.
    Please and thank you.
    For while I had a regular passenger that required conversation ... and I found a relatively cheap one. I took out a bit of the foam lining where my ears park themselves in my helmet. That bit alone sounds easy ... but finding that spot isn't as easy as one might imagine. The microphone was as close to my mouth as my helmet allowed.

With a bit of care and imagination ... you can fit the earpieces and associated wiring in. Depending of course what system you actually have. It may be necessary to visit an electronics repair type person to modify your system to your requirements.

My system ran from a battery pack I put in the tool compartment under the seat. The connecting plugs came up between the Tank and seat ... at front center of the seat with the seat down. Enough line to safely store them under the seat if Com's wasn't needed. A short length with male/female plugs to connect both parts of the system that I ran down the inside and connected inside the zip flap (for weather protection) but outside the zip itself.

At speeds over/near 100 km/hr ... wind noise was an issue. You decide if plugs straight into the ears will do .. or do it as I did it.

Some problem solving skills and a dash of imagination will sort it. But figure out what you actually want to have ... and make it happen.

Easy eh ... !!!
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    I've tried various speakers over the years with very little success

Recently I bought a pair of these puppies https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...ing/3166563567

They work really well for me. Plenty loud enough and great sound.
    =mjc=

Bike
    Triumph Street Triple S 660 2021

Out side the helmet

Read some reviews on these and they seem pretty good

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/m...1?bof=Cnh9zHST

Thread Information