Thread: Nascar?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Nascar?

I hope this doesn't offend anybody, four wheels and all that. By now y'all will be aware that Shane Van Gisbergen won the first ever NASCAR street race in Chicago. A win at his first attempt. This has received major coverage everywhere motorsports receive attention.

In case you were wondering, it was announced today that SVG now has another outing in the same car at the Indy road circuit August 12.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I watched it live, what a brilliant performance. There's no doubt SVG had more experience at street circuits, but still to come in and dominate like that, sitting on the opposite side of the car, was nothing short of amazing. I watched the earlier sessions too and the Americans couldn't get over the fact he was using the clutch to balance the car.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    a top 10 at the indy road course and a respectable top 20 in the oval truck race on the friday night , with 888 now releasing him it will be interesting to see what series he ends up in next year, if its just a mixture of cup/ xfinity and trucks, or if he goes xfinity for the whole year, with the cup starts on road courses

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    with 888 now releasing him it will be interesting to see what series he ends up in next year, if its just a mixture of cup/ xfinity and trucks, or if he goes xfinity for the whole year, with the cup starts on road courses
    I thought the likelihood of 888 releasing SVG went up when I found out SVG's partner is a one third owner of the team. The cost to enter a car in the cup series (a charter) is huge. Would anybody be prepared to pay that for a part time driver?

It would lubricate the way if he brought Red Bull money into the series with him though.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I thought the likelihood of 888 releasing SVG went up when I found out SVG's partner is a one third owner of the team. The cost to enter a car in the cup series (a charter) is huge. Would anybody be prepared to pay that for a part time driver?

It would lubricate the way if he brought Red Bull money into the series with him though.
    their are not a lot of spare spots in cup, I can see him running a lot of truck and xfintiy races with most the road circuit starts in the top series,

Thread Information