Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honourable and dishonorable Manufacturers- Husqvarna fail

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    My ride home from NV cycles on my new Svart showed the same fault. Pissed me right off. Two weeks later, the chinese battery died.
    Since then no faults and still love riding it. NV race a Vitpilen and know of a certain seal that works a treat. The fault as you say is well known, and yes Husky should solve it properly, (like the leaking fuel tank).
    Fuck, now I might take mine for a lockdown blast.Braaaap....

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Totally agree Husaberg that a good hydraulic system works fine and with ease. Just to me cables on my dirt bikes were 'almost' unbreakable and cheap and easy to replace if anything did happened.
    CB919 is on it's 3rd clutch cable... I think they typically last about 60-70k

The BMW hydraulic clutch hasn't had issues, actually surprised the clutch pack itself is still happy at almost 160k, considering what I've been up to, even really smelt it one time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    MGB or Triumph will keep you amused in the garage. Mate has a late model MX5. Goes really well, handles really well after uprating the suspension and putting on good tyres. Starts first time, every time, doesn't leak, the heater (air con) works, the seats are really comfortable. I couldn't imagine the money you would have to spend to get an old Brit going anywhere near as well reliably.
    We've owned two MX5 's including a Mazdaspeed-prepared one. Great cars but owning a classic car is for an entirely different end purpose, with more than a bit of nostalgia thrown in! 😊
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3315.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	789.9 KB 
ID:	349513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk1 MX5.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	349512  

Bike
    Several old ones

Frustration!!!

I would be totally pissed off if i was in your situation.
    I would have written and complained to the manufacturers, for what use it may or may not do.
    If the clutch could be associated with it causing some danger to the riders safety in any way, the I think the issue could be repaired under a recall.
    It certainly should be in my opinion.
    My old R1200 GS was recalled because "some dickhead" in Europe torqued the rear wheel nuts up to about 500nm and cracked the wheel casing housing.
    This reckless maintenance deemed a safety issue so all R1200GS some thousands some 15 years old were recalled and the cast aluminum?? housing was replaced with a steel one. I guess the issue is that if the manufacturer updates and supplies a new part, it could mean that they accept there is an issue / fault and that could initiate a costly recall for all those bikes.
    One thing I have found out it seems the larger the manufacturer of any item the more they have to lose if they get negative feedback.
    So they seem to attend to these issues before they become a major problem for them.
    I understand your frustration. Sell the thing is my advice. Buy something reliable.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Unbelievably the part I ordered on Friday 20th was on my doorstep Yesterday (Tues) sent FROM CANADA no less
    Clear instructions and looks like I have the tools and some DOT4 that's been hiding in my garage for decades. Will wait until the weekend to tackle the task. I don't like playing mechanic but can do under protest.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    It was on the good
    I have read in a number of places that people tend to do a full engine oil change as well due to the master cylinder fluid getting mixed up with it.

Bike
    KTM
    I guess you could have done a tiny bit of pre-purchase research and gotten the dealer to check specific problems before pickup but that's just me.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Dear Mr Husqvarna. You should be ashamed of yourself, you are a wanker.
    Thats a weird "for sale" ad: Tell you what, I will do you a favour and take it off your hands for say.... five grand, no more.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    MGB or Triumph will keep you amused in the garage. Mate has a late model MX5. Goes really well, handles really well after uprating the suspension and putting on good tyres. Starts first time, every time, doesn't leak, the heater (air con) works, the seats are really comfortable. I couldn't imagine the money you would have to spend to get an old Brit going anywhere near as well reliably.
    If you want to make it unreliable then the option is a 13B turbo. Just saying. Supercar performance while it runs. Great noise too
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    I guess you could have done a tiny bit of pre-purchase research and gotten the dealer to check specific problems before pickup but that's just me.
    It works fine and looks outwardly perfect until on some engines it just suddenly fails. I can't imagine that a) a dealer can find a problem that has not yet occurred or b) a dealer will change a part at their cost on the off chance that it might fail one day.

It should have been upgraded and recalled when KTM became aware of the problem if you ask me, rather than letting it leave a bitter taste in the mouth of everyone who had to try and ride a bike home with no clutch.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    If you want to make it unreliable then the option is a 13B turbo. Just saying. Supercar performance while it runs. Great noise too
    My son has an older MX5 with a N/A 12A. One day it will be finished but even while incomplete (interior detailing) the test drives have been pretty fun.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    Unfortunately that wouldn't have changed a thing. Dealer would have been provided the exact same faulty part from KTM and my second stranding would still have happened.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Thats a weird "for sale" ad: Tell you what, I will do you a favour and take it off your hands for say.... five grand, no more.
    Thanks for the kind offer Henry but I will suffer the hassle of changing the part and the consequence of having to enjoy hours of future riding an incredibly exciting bike knowing the slave cylinder will not fail me again.

Bike
    Indian Scout

Fixed it!

Well I don't like playing mechanic but it seemed to go to plan. Took a while to bleed the bubbles out. A short ride down the street through a few gears and all sweet. No leaks that I can see.

So here's the pathetic cheap and easy to upgrade rubber seal that tears apart like tissue paper. Still hard to believe KTM/Husqvarna can't be arsed sorting this after over 4 years of knowing about it- bastards! The Oberon part looks identical, except you get a few cool colour choices, and Oberon claim their part won't fail and the Owners forum backs that up. Quite like the bronze look.

Yeehaa I can ride again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210828_132410.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	790.7 KB 
ID:	349541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210828_132321.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	566.4 KB 
ID:	349542  

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

Brands that don't respect the consumer?

I heard a podcast talk about KTM having gasket problems with bikes like the 690SMC and Duke 390s all leaking. They mentioned that it wasn't a problem on models after 2017, maybe they changed their rubber bits suppliers for the newer models?

Although dealerships can be helpful with repairs, if they are just replacing faulty parts with new faulty parts, they're only profiting off those repairs. Consumers guarantees say an item must be repaired within a reasonable period of time and be of a suitable standard. Expensive brands should be at a higher standard, and I wonder if dealerships would be keen on people saying "nah, take it back and refund me" when these kinds of faults keep coming up?

I'm kinda over hearing about how brands like KTM, MV, and others are premium brands. They have the worst failure rates and think that contrast seat stitching and fitting brembos and ohlins can make up for bad engineering and parts elsewhere. Bikes like the new MT-09 (with a face only a mother could love) the SP versions are getting very competitive with these so called premium brands.

Thread Information