Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of you young enough?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    He might be scaremongering. From what I read about this the only requirement so far is for a passive signal when you hit the speed limit similar to the sort of feedback you get in fancypants cars when you’re leaving a lane.

Surely there must be a liability or safety reason for NOT limiting the top speed of cars to the maximum speed limit in any given jurisdiction or they could have done it mechanically years ago.

IMHO we won’t see active speed control except in autonomous vehicles, and they’re still years away from proving they’re reliable enough to be let into the wild without a human co-pilot. Even then I wouldn’t bet against cheap human drivers trumping expensive autonomous vehicles for a long time after that.

Not sure why but I don’t see this ‘sinister plan to control everything in our lives’, to me it’s all tilting at windmills from a generation struggling to accept that society inevitably will change in ways that no longer suit them.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    fucking load a SHIT...

wont bother me anyway, I have brought my last ever new bike this year... the other bikes are 40yrs old..LOL... FUCK wait, I just had me my covid jab last week... NOOOOOO im fucked im speed restricted, they know what I think, wear I am... and that i'm still a virgin...

TWATS...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information