Thread: 2019 kx450 engine

Bike
    Kx450

2019 kx450 engine

Hi everyone I’m new to this site. Iv made a balls up when I done my last engine oil change I didn’t tighten my sump plug up fully and while I was riding it came out and I lost my oil. I picked up on it quick and turned it off put a new sump plug in filled it up and ran the bike for a bit then turned it off and let it cool rite off. Iv put 3 hours on it since then and it seems to be ok. Any mechanics out there able to tell me if I should expect any issues from this? What parts of the engine would it effect?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    If the bike has a roller bearing crankshaft it will *probably* be ok, as thats pretty much exactly the same as a two stroke and they get by on an oil mist.
    The camshaft bearings are the area most likely to have suffered - also the easiest to check. Pull the cam cover and the cam caps and check for signs of distress.
    Gearbox is (again, probably, never had one of these apart) ok as most of it spins on ball bearings so can get by on not much oil for a short time.

Lesson learned - never put a drain plug in without tightening.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If the bike has a roller bearing crankshaft it will *probably* be ok, as thats pretty much exactly the same as a two stroke and they get by on an oil mist.
    The camshaft bearings are the area most likely to have suffered - also the easiest to check. Pull the cam cover and the cam caps and check for signs of distress.
    Gearbox is (again, probably, never had one of these apart) ok as most of it spins on ball bearings so can get by on not much oil for a short time.

Lesson learned - never put a drain plug in without tightening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	349551
    most of the late stuff is this now
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
    Hi everyone I’m new to this site. Iv made a balls up when I done my last engine oil change I didn’t tighten my sump plug up fully and while I was riding it came out and I lost my oil. I picked up on it quick and turned it off put a new sump plug in filled it up and ran the bike for a bit then turned it off and let it cool rite off. Iv put 3 hours on it since then and it seems to be ok. Any mechanics out there able to tell me if I should expect any issues from this? What parts of the engine would it effect?
    if ya big end has lasted three hours it;ll last plenty more, any bad shit there manifests real quick at revs.

Thread Information