Thread: Road registering Enduro bike (Husqvarna TE300i)

Bike
    2018 Husqvarna TE300i

Road registering Enduro bike (Husqvarna TE300i)

Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum stuff but was wondering if anyone has or tried to register a 2018 Husqvarna TE300i for road use. I have spoken to a guy from VTNZ, who has said the following;

The VIN number is good, what you now need is to make sure the NZ agent has completed a PDI (pre delivery inspection) and the information is loaded into the NZTA system, if this has not been done the bike cannot be complied, this is not something we can check and we would only find out once the bike has passed inspection and we go to issue the WoF however the bike would be flagged as PDI not completed.
    You will also need to install all road gear, lights, horn speedo and produce original paperwork from the NZ agent to prove ownership and the motorcycle was sold new in NZ.

I purchased the bike secondhand of Trademe, so have no original paperwork work available and how does one find out if the bike has had a pre delivery inspection. Is it possible to do it retrospectively or is there another option? (vehicle certifier etc.) Any help would be much appreciated

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintong View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum stuff but was wondering if anyone has or tried to register a 2018 Husqvarna TE300i for road use. I have spoken to a guy from VTNZ, who has said the following;

The VIN number is good, what you now need is to make sure the NZ agent has completed a PDI (pre delivery inspection) and the information is loaded into the NZTA system, if this has not been done the bike cannot be complied, this is not something we can check and we would only find out once the bike has passed inspection and we go to issue the WoF however the bike would be flagged as PDI not completed.
    You will also need to install all road gear, lights, horn speedo and produce original paperwork from the NZ agent to prove ownership and the motorcycle was sold new in NZ.

I purchased the bike secondhand of Trademe, so have no original paperwork work available and how does one find out if the bike has had a pre delivery inspection. Is it possible to do it retrospectively or is there another option? (vehicle certifier etc.) Any help would be much appreciated
    yes it is possible to do,

KTM NZ should be able to give you the original dealer if you don't know who sold it, who probably never registered the PDI as it was not registered, should not be hard to get them to do it, then you can get the bike registered,

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    But why would you want to? You'll be left with a fantastically capable dirtbike terribly handicapped by knackered tyres from running on tarmac, with the added bonus of being a miserable roadbike, largely, but not only, due to those tyres in any condition.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2018 Husqvarna TE300i
    I have managed to track down a copy of the original sales agreement, so that's one piece of the puzzle sorted. You have some valid points there F5 Dave, the reason why I was looking at the option is because I wouldn't mind getting into some adventure riding (just local day trips for starters to see if it is my thing) but also want to be able to partake in the organised trail rides here in Marlborough (where I live) and other parts of the South Island. I should just upgrade the bike to something more suitable but not quite sure whether I look at something the likes of a KTM500 or the new KLR650 etc. as one would be better than the other at one thing and vice versa (also one is a lot cheaper than the other).

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Save up for a van or trailer. Keep your knobbly tyres sharp. Do organised rides when they can get past 100 outdoor limit somehow. I'd love to ride that area.

Then save up some more for a roadbike. Or a DR650 for adventure.
    And a roadbike.

Hey boss. Any overtime this week?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Save up for a van or trailer. Keep your knobbly tyres sharp. Do organised rides when they can get past 100 outdoor limit somehow. I'd love to ride that area.

Then save up some more for a roadbike. Or a DR650 for adventure.
    And a roadbike.

Hey boss. Any overtime this week?

This advice is correct.

Thread Information