Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse face rules.

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    I wear a bra for a mask, the left cup as I don't want to look like a right tit simply. Been waiting for me to challenge me and say it's not a mask. It's certainly better than disposables, way better, only has three tie points, two together around the back of the neck and the other stuffed down my shirt, works well.

The person at the gas station is on the front line, they might be genuinely scared of being there, or been told by their company what does conform and what doesn't. Let us know what the other brand petrol station does nect time as no doubt you will never be shopping there again
    Spyda, I liked the guy at Porirua Countdown the other day, went in shopping with a empty steinlager box on his head, no problem, no questions asked.

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Whoa someone got out of the wrong side of the bed. Some very 'unwise' words there. For the record no one is making you ware a mask. However, wearing a mask is a small inconvenience for the incredible freedom we had and will soon have again.

I can't stand this Labour government myself, just a shame there is no better alternative on the shelf to pick from. But, they have done a top class job of keeping NZ covid free and we have enjoyed 18 months of utter blissful enjoyment and freedoms that no other country has had these 18 months. I'm looking forward to Scott Morrison eating his 'NZ needs to get out of the cave' words about us trying to eradicate it.. for the second time. We are days away from achieving the so called unachievable. Back to full freedom with the added bonus of knowing we won't get sick or kill off the elderly by spreading covid. Another bonus, no flu two years in a row.

The UK has had over 12 months of constant lockdown- now that would be enough to want to vent some anger. NSW is back into lockdown five I think. my Brother lives there and says it's miserable and scary. Rather be in NZ than anywhere in the world.

The real piss-off would be if 4,999,999 of us made the effort to obey some simple hygiene rules for a few weeks, only to have it all ruined by one selfish git who thinks he's so special he doesn't have to give a damn about anyone else.

Oh yeah as said learn how to use the pay at the pump. Never have to remove my helmet again when filling the bike, sweet.
    Yep I feel better today. Agree our country's looking good to be Covid free, hopefully they can keep the boarders shut tight, feel a bit sorry about kiwi s stuck overseas though but it is what it is.
    This blows me away and i have been watching a huge amount of sport World speedway, BSB, SBK and moto gp, big crowds no masks everyone just getting on with it.
    Iam finding it's very hard to believe anything or anyone these days, the world is sure a different place now.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Don't ask your dentist, optometrist questions. He's unlikely to be qualified to answer. Or the other way around.

Professionals of their field know more about their shit than politicians (who in some countries might actually take notice of what they say, other countries not so much), natural therapy salesmen, social influencers or the guy at the gas station who's brothers mate met a guy that blah blah.

And especially don't take medical advice from some dick on the Internet, me included, or maybe even especially.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    just been to bunnings, what a clusterfuck. they have buckets with concrete in them holding bits of wood with covid tracing pages stapled to them. they're flapping around in the wind and about 1200mm from the ground. Every person is struggling to scan these even if it's not windy, the app has trouble picking up the code on such an angle.
    My point is if a major player, who sells wood duct tape and all sorts of stuff that would enable them to do a much better job of these can't do it, we are all fucked. Inside is just mayhem too.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    just been to bunnings, what a clusterfuck. they have buckets with concrete in them holding bits of wood with covid tracing pages stapled to them. they're flapping around in the wind and about 1200mm from the ground. Every person is struggling to scan these even if it's not windy, the app has trouble picking up the code on such an angle.
    My point is if a major player, who sells wood duct tape and all sorts of stuff that would enable them to do a much better job of these can't do it, we are all fucked. Inside is just mayhem too.
    Well casual employee Dave from isle 5 wanted to get back to chatting to Shirley over in paint section for Saturday’s unsocial distancing session...
    I printed my own strip of QR codes and scan in vehicle before getting out.
    But hey they’ve met the govt request....
    I’ve hated QR codes with a passion before they were called QR codes, scanning them in warehouses causes endless delays to freight moving. Funny thing is sometimes the worst printed faded ones scanned better than new.
    Btw sometimes a bit of angle actually seems to help... Lot to do with the inbuilt error correction algorithms I reckon oh and in full sunlight forget it...,, although I think that tech was ir LED based instead of photo recog....

This is one of main reasons I’ve objected to all this from the start as I foresaw these types of issues.
    Just wait til NZ Driver Licence app comes in and you have to scan the pump or charging port to authorise its operation.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    moped
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Well casual employee Dave from isle 5 wanted to get back to chatting to Shirley over in paint section for Saturday’s unsocial distancing session...
    I printed my own strip of QR codes and scan in vehicle before getting out.
    But hey they’ve met the govt request....
    I’ve hated QR codes with a passion before they were called QR codes, scanning them in warehouses causes endless delays to freight moving. Funny thing is sometimes the worst printed faded ones scanned better than new.
    Btw sometimes a bit of angle actually seems to help... Lot to do with the inbuilt error correction algorithms I reckon oh and in full sunlight forget it...,, although I think that tech was ir LED based instead of photo recog....

This is one of main reasons I’ve objected to all this from the start as I foresaw these types of issues.
    Just wait til NZ Driver Licence app comes in and you have to scan the pump or charging port to authorise its operation.
    Iam pretty sure now that the law is now a requirement from the Govt and has been made Mandatory that all business, workplaces must have a form of Covid Tracing, either QR codes or sign in forms, BUT it is not Mandatory, and that you can not force people to do this, under the privacy rules, is my understanding of it all.
    Problem with all this carry on the rules are inconsistant and you can't keep up with it.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Problem with all this carry on the rules are inconsistant and you can't keep up with it.
    Exactly and add to that the media which publishes infographics withwrong info. Eg they use the covid logos and state wear a mask if you go outside, but that is not the law. Even the pm says please wear a mask or we encourage you to wear a mask outside but never says you “must”.
    I’m not disputing the places where you must wear one as per the public health orders.

But hey that’s the govt for you no logic involved in any processes.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Government just cannot win with some people - make mask wearing compulsory and the sheeple start bleating about communist dictatorships. Make it optional (relying on the common sense of reasonable people) and the same sheeple bleat about inconsistent policies.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Imagine how broken arsed some of these whingers on here would be if they lived in NSW?
    Collins level whinging! I am not even sure if there is a higher level!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a recommended height so that anybody can use the QR code, including people in wheel chairs. As for the wood and duct tape, who knows?

You've reminded me, I once heard a Bunnings joke.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    But hey that’s the govt for you no logic involved in any processes.
    I appreciate that it's impossible for this government to ever satisfy you. On the other hand, you could open your eyes, look around, and make a list of the governments that have handled COVID better than ours. Shouldn't take long?

To assist, may I remind you of this table? It shows deaths per million of population as at a coupla weeks ago.

UK 1964.1
    US 1893.8
    NZ 5.1
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    the only thing of interest here is the reaction of the petrol station attendant.When the mask wearing first started my first thought was "I wonder after all this is petrol stations still require riders to remove helmets. I would imagine there may still be people who will wear masks .Will they need to remove them to be served?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Load the app or go to Z, Mobil with card pumps. Never need to care about queuing up again.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Some riders wear those Buffs or similar under a helmet and they count as masks. I wear an Oxford one as my mask for shopping. Can't get a haircut with that though, so I'm actually going to have to buy some masks.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Load the app or go to Z, Mobil with card pumps. Never need to care about queuing up again.
    Waitomo.I vow to never set foot in a Z or BP again

Thread Information