Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    there's always the 2022 Honda NT1100 sport tourer. Rumour is that it will have DCT option too.
    Yep - I'm intrigued to see what Honda come up with on this one. It sounds like an interesting idea. I rode an 1100 Africa Twin with the DCT gearbox earlier this year and was seriously impressed. If this has a decent seat height and a good price then it'll be a worthwhile option too I reckon.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Anyone else see slightly previous model R1 in the front?

Couldn't be worse looking than thier other GSX attempts.
    Yes the previous GSX-S models have been quite aesthetically challenged - Even though I actually kind of like them (But then I have odd tastes ) though they do stand out. The GT is interesting as it has elements of R1 in the headlights as well as some Ninja 1000SX in the way it has plenty of creases and lines cut into it too.

Fussy design often tends to date quickly. See Ducati's 748/996/998 series of bikes for an example of how smoother designs stand the test of time whereas Japanese sports bikes from the same era (I'm thinking Yamaha FZRs for instance) with their shellsuit paint scheme now look very much of their time. Well they do to me at any rate.

Will this GT date well? I'm not sure but bigger picture it's good to see the traditional Sports Tourer market getting some life back into it again. I mean I like my adventure bikes but blimey there are a lot of them around nowadays...

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    did anyone see the weight of the GT 226 dry !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a poofteenth off my over weight gsx1400 at 230 .
    Not that weight bothers me , it matches the waistline of the rider !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    did anyone see the weight of the GT 226 dry !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a poofteenth off my over weight gsx1400 at 230 .
    Not that weight bothers me , it matches the waistline of the rider !
    Yep, that's the same as my old Blackbird. I know it depends where the C of G is located and seat shape/height but once I was in my mid 60's with dodgy knees, I decided that a lighter bike was a safer option, particularly as I'm a bit under 5' 8" in old money. I've certainly felt a lot happier riding lighter bikes since then, both slow speed manoeuvring and moving it whilst dismounted.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    253kg curb for 1400 it sez on internerd. When I rode one it certainly felt like every one of those and probably some more.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    253kg curb for 1400 it sez on internerd. When I rode one it certainly felt like every one of those and probably some more.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-.../gsx1400/2001/

253 kg !!!! jeeezus maybe full tank and all the other guff ? They are a big lump tho.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Yep, that's the same as my old Blackbird. I know it depends where the C of G is located and seat shape/height but once I was in my mid 60's with dodgy knees, I decided that a lighter bike was a safer option, particularly as I'm a bit under 5' 8" in old money. I've certainly felt a lot happier riding lighter bikes since then, both slow speed manoeuvring and moving it whilst dismounted.
    It's only a problem when we have to move a hefty bike at walking pace or push it backwards into the garage, then it really tells aye Geoff? So by inference I'm taking this to mean one should enjoy the heavy bikes whilst one can still manhandle them
    Best I leave that new FJR on my shortlist for now

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    It's only a problem when we have to move a hefty bike at walking pace or push it backwards into the garage, then it really tells aye Geoff? So by inference I'm taking this to mean one should enjoy the heavy bikes whilst one can still manhandle them
    Best I leave that new FJR on my shortlist for now
    Spot on Rob! We have off-cambers on the property and I have to reverse the bike round 2 corners and about 10 metres. A light(ish) bike is a definite advantage 🙄

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Spot on Rob! We have off-cambers on the property and I have to reverse the bike round 2 corners and about 10 metres. A light(ish) bike is a definite advantage 🙄
    Oh yes, between your driveway and front yard...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Just everywhere a smaller lighter bike is appreciated. Try it and you will know. Flick flick.

Try an 890. That will change your frame of reference how a bike should behave.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Just everywhere a smaller lighter bike is appreciated. Try it and you will know. Flick flick.

Try an 890. That will change your frame of reference how a bike should behave.
    I suspect that Blackbird has a pretty good idea already mate - Seeing as he rides a 790 Duke

But yes - A lighter bike is rarely a bad thing. I'd still be keen to try a 1000GT though. I reckon that it'd be pretty manoeuvrable.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I knew that, in fact his words made me consider one, which had become the 890 by the time I was in the market. Great bike and if light enough circa 100hp is enough

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...-s1000gt/2022/

The first riding impressions are now out on the streets following the UK launch a couple of days ago. It would appear that people are rather impressed - Michael Neeves of MCN is one of my favourite testers who knows his onions and it's not often he gives a bike 5 stars.

A test ride when I get back home beckons I reckon.

Bike
    Stryker, sold R1 to order gsxs1000gt
    G'day all,
    Interesting thread here on the gsx s1000gt...
    I have just ordered mine, unseen yes, but I have followed the development and reviews in great detail, and had many Suzuki's over the years, plus after all the reviews I've seen no one bag it out, worst was a couple of minor winges that I don't really consider will affect me.
    I'm from across the ditch in NSW so hope I'm permitted to join in here😳
    I did declare this in my admin form..🙂

Supposedly the Panorama GT (,named after mount panorama) should be here in Australia March 2022.

I had to put $1000 up front, refundable if they cannot deliver bike, but as a reward for your order and upfront $$, you get the heated grips thrown in for $1, worth $650 plus fitting, and of course the luggage is included.

Interested to hear how you guys going in NZ with orders delivery etc..

Cheers

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Nice work Ron. Let us know how you get on with your new steed as I'll be very curious

Thread Information