Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...sx-s100gt-2021

My rather likey - A lot in fact. Plus being a Suzuki it'll be a keen price too.

Under the skin there's still a lot of the previous GSX-S1000F but that's no bad thing. Cruise plus ride by wire and proper hard luggage as an option too. Seems like a real winner to me.

The looks might not be to all tastes but at least it's a bit different.

Bike
    A
    Still an awkward looking bike, but yes the price will be on point.

Do you reckon the Tracer 900 GT will be a similar proposition?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else see slightly previous model R1 in the front?

Couldn't be worse looking than thier other GSX attempts.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

The coverless lights look fugly and look like a fucking nightmare to clean bugs out o

The 1000F was priced at $17,995 the last time it was on Suzuki NZ website. The Australian site is quoting $19,090 ride-away on the GT. Add the "F*** you NZ" tax and I reckon it will be around $20500 here plus luggage. A little bit less that the new Ninja 1000. Kawasaki are updating about 6 of their bikes in October, so see how competitive Suzuki is after that.

Bike
    suzuki
    G used to mean it was a shafty when yu brought a suzuki, what is the world coming to?

Bike
    Sold
    I actually like the looks. However, having owned the GSX-S 1000 for 3 years before the KTM, I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy one. The S was a competent bike but it simply didn't have the strong emotional appeal that some other bikes have had. Bland is probably the wrong word to describe it but it just didn't have any features which made it stand out from the pack. A GT version might just have that point of difference.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    G used to mean it was a shafty when yu brought a suzuki, what is the world coming to?
    Hell in a handcart.

With oil splatters on your best strides.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hell in a handcart.

With oil splatters on your best strides.
    drinking early again?

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I actually like the looks. However, having owned the GSX-S 1000 for 3 years before the KTM, I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy one. The S was a competent bike but it simply didn't have the strong emotional appeal that some other bikes have had. Bland is probably the wrong word to describe it but it just didn't have any features which made it stand out from the pack. A GT version might just have that point of difference.
    I'm with you Geoff. As you know I owned a 1000F for a wee while but I just couldn't get on with the jerky throttle response. However it had a lot of features which I really liked. As a whole it was a bike I really wanted to gel with but just couldn't. This looks like it might be able to bridge the emotional gap and ride by wire should solve the snatchiness the F suffered from.

Also it's a bit different looks-wise which is to be applauded. IMHO it's a better buy than the Ninja 1000SX though both machines are fine steeds. You pays your money...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    drinking early again?
    I was implying the handcart had chain drive. Wasn't the G model you see?

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    You pays your money...
    Sorry, don't got none of that.

But I do think it looks pretty good...
    =mjc=

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Still an awkward looking bike, but yes the price will be on point.

Do you reckon the Tracer 900 GT will be a similar proposition?
    Hi Rob - Yes the Tracer 9 GT is certainly in the same ballpark isn't it? Likewise the BMW R1250RS and possibly the upcoming Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. I've seen a lot about the latest Tracer and it certainly looks to be a cracking package. I'm really not sure about the dashboard design though. It reminds me too much of Johnny 5 from the 1980s film

Like a lot of the current crop of new bike designs this is one that needs to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated me thinks. I'm thinking of replacing the Moto Guzzi V85TT next year as my main IAM social riding/touring machine and any of these modern crop of Sports Tourers would be well suited. I love the V85 - The only thing I'd change would be to give it some more overtaking/mid-range grunt. I've a feeling that any of the bikes listed above would do that

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Hi Rob - Yes the Tracer 9 GT is certainly in the same ballpark isn't it? Likewise the BMW R1250RS and possibly the upcoming Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. I've seen a lot about the latest Tracer and it certainly looks to be a cracking package. I'm really not sure about the dashboard design though. It reminds me too much of Johnny 5 from the 1980s film

Like a lot of the current crop of new bike designs this is one that needs to be seen in the flesh to be fully appreciated me thinks. I'm thinking of replacing the Moto Guzzi V85TT next year as my main IAM social riding/touring machine and any of these modern crop of Sports Tourers would be well suited. I love the V85 - The only thing I'd change would be to give it some more overtaking/mid-range grunt. I've a feeling that any of the bikes listed above would do that
    The way we select our bike (or bikes in your case Lee) comes down to personal factors. Funny how you mention various models that I'm considering as I ponder one bike to take the place of my current two in the next 12 months The reality is I'm aiming for something that I can live with for at least 5 years Since I rarely commute by bike, kind of over going to the track and favour distance and comfort over pure speed, this has me looking...

GSX-S1000GT is an odd looking machine to me, lacks symmetry and as has been expressed already, the base package is kinda bland.

Ninja 1000SX is a neat bike in many ways, but it just doesn't grab me.

R1250RS yeah now that's got all the right features, but I'm not taken by the Shiftcam tech, not to mention the R & M $$.

The Tracer 9 GT is a neat package, would have to see in the flesh and ride before passing judgment.

Then again, I'm looking at how the FJR1300 has evolved and despite the weight of this beastie...it just appeals for many reasons. The symmetry, twin pipes for starters, yeah I know I'm a weirdo Maybe I should just get a new one and paint it Daytona yellow

I'm sure I'll have it sussed before my current FJR hits the 100k mark on the odo

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    there's always the 2022 Honda NT1100 sport tourer. Rumour is that it will have DCT option too.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    The way we select our bike (or bikes in your case Lee) comes down to personal factors. Funny how you mention various models that I'm considering as I ponder one bike to take the place of my current two in the next 12 months The reality is I'm aiming for something that I can live with for at least 5 years Since I rarely commute by bike, kind of over going to the track and favour distance and comfort over pure speed, this has me looking...

GSX-S1000GT is an odd looking machine to me, lacks symmetry and as has been expressed already, the base package is kinda bland.

Ninja 1000SX is a neat bike in many ways, but it just doesn't grab me.

R1250RS yeah now that's got all the right features, but I'm not taken by the Shiftcam tech, not to mention the R & M $$.

The Tracer 9 GT is a neat package, would have to see in the flesh and ride before passing judgment.

Then again, I'm looking at how the FJR1300 has evolved and despite the weight of this beastie...it just appeals for many reasons. The symmetry, twin pipes for starters, yeah I know I'm a weirdo Maybe I should just get a new one and paint it Daytona yellow

I'm sure I'll have it sussed before my current FJR hits the 100k mark on the odo
    There's nothing weird about liking a bit of symmetry Rob

My main gripe with my 1000F was the snatchy throttle response which meant that holding a steady speed was simply hard work and made the bike unpleasant to ride. A bit like the Austin Powers mole once you'd noticed it you couldn't unnotice it...

If this GT can fix that then it'll make a lot of sense. Comfy ergonomics, decent tank range (It has a 19 litre tank so 300Km is do-able) good weather protection and enough electronics to help without paralysing you through having too much choice (I'm looking at you MV Agusta) seem to be a pretty good combination to me. Plus it has more power than I'm ever likely to need along with that lovely mid-range overtaking grunt that makes bigger engined bikes so flamin cool fun to ride.

I for one quite like the styling. In fact I prefer it to the Ninja 1000SX though neither bike is what you'd call pretty. I just wish that Triumph still made the Tiger Sport 1050...

Thread Information