Thread: Bitubo shock absorbers

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016

Bitubo shock absorbers

Anybody had any experience with these....they are all through ebay and offer a range of models.
    Any input welcome.
    TIA

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I've seen them advertised here. Big bucks - like more expensive than Ohlins or Nitron. I havent used one for that reason - my Scottish heritage won't allow it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    Bought some Bitubo shocks($900) for my Street Twin via eBay back in September. Couldnt afford Fox or Ohlins $1000+
    They arrived yesterday.
    Fitted them today and will make some comments after some use.

There are several versions of shockabsorber offered by Bitubo the ones I got have adjustable compression and rebound.
    Springs are tailored to my riding weight.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Thruxton
    Fitted Bitubo WME to my 2017 Thruxton S in 2019. Cost about $800 incl duty for the pair from Carpi Moto in Italy.
    Look nicely made, are a big improvement over the OEM for adjustability and ride.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    Look nicely made, are a big improvement over the OEM for adjustability and ride.
    18th November 2021, 11:321/32 man
    Thanks for that, I would agree.
    I have had one ride and felt the bike was more stable when riding lumpy corners.
    I also think I need to crank up the springs a little....is that rebound or compression?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by 1/32 man View Post
    Thanks for that, I would agree.
    I have had one ride and felt the bike was more stable when riding lumpy corners.
    I also think I need to crank up the springs a little....is that rebound or compression?
    rebound and compression is referring to the damping, not the springing

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Did the shocks not come with instructions? If the units came with springs for your weight they shouldn't need changing. Leave the rebound and compression damping settings standard and try them like that for a while.

If I'd bought shocks and couldn't find any instructions, assuming you haven't been playing with the adjustments, count the clicks back to zero and make a note of the numbers for future reference. If you have been playing and can't remember what the settings were, back rebound and compression off to zero one at a time and count the clicks to full carefully, (you don't want to be crushing needles into their seats). Wind each back half the number of clicks and use those settings as a starting point.

I should mention here that I'm absolutely unqualified to give suspension advice.

Of course, if you'd sprung the few extra bucks for Ohlins (pun intended), Robert Taylor would have set the bike up for you.

Start saving for new fork internals too because apparently the Speed Twin badly needs those. I had Racetech parts fitted to the Speed Triple by Robert Taylor, he set the bike up and I don't fiddle now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Are these gas pressurised and was there any difficulty with importing them (Assuming you bought them in yourself)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    The shocks are adjustable at the top with a little lever and at the bottom of the spring/shock body using a C spanner.
    After a first ride and what I assummed was the shock topping or bottoming I wound the spring preload up using the C spanner. The top lever goes from soft to hard and I put this in the middle......ride seems good, betterer even than the stock shocks.

I bought them via eBay as I had funds in my Paypal account waiting for something like this. It was click and wait. They came from Italy and I was sceptical at first as not much seemed to change on the info page but then after ten days they were shipped and I received regular email notifications as they moved across the globe....about five weeks.

Since this picture was taken I have added a black bobbin to the top shock mount as a luggage tie down point.

Thread Information