Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: RG500 Owner - Registration History

  1. #1
    Join Date
    18th November 2010 - 11:51
    Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    78

    RG500 Owner - Registration History

    Hi guys,

    I bought an RG500 frame that I'm looking to find the registration history on, the bike had no vin plate on it so I have no way of finding the original rego plate number.

    The guy I bought it from either bought it from Warren Guy or Russel Bleach in Christchurch, so I was wondering if anyone here knew these guys?

    Alternatively does anyone have any contacts at Suzuki NZ that would be able to search for history from a frame number? As CARJAM only filters from rego or VIN number. Surely the frame number will be on file at a bike shop somewhere.

    Hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

    Neil

  2. #2
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    5,181
    Won't be Warren, RIP.
    If it's the one I think it may be, Russell bought a project that involved putting the 500 in an RGV250 roller. The original 500 frame came with it I think.
    That may be the one you have.

    I'll ask Russ if I can pass on his contact details. No guarantee he's got what you want.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    22nd July 2005 - 00:27
    Bike
    77 XL250
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    1,541
    I recently phoned an AA compliance branch and was fortunate enough to speak to someone who ran the frame number of my TS185 through their system. It came up with the details of first registration in 1981. No Vin plate on the bike. Worth a crack as the worst that can happen is you get 'no history known'.

    OR: It comes up as stolen and the law comes around, bashes the door down, you shit yourself and get shot running for the toilet.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    25th January 2008 - 17:56
    Bike
    Suzuki
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I recently phoned an AA compliance branch and was fortunate enough to speak to someone who ran the frame number of my TS185 through their system. It came up with the details of first registration in 1981. No Vin plate on the bike. Worth a crack as the worst that can happen is you get 'no history known'.

    OR: It comes up as stolen and the law comes around, bashes the door down, you shit yourself and get shot running for the toilet.
    Such an eloquent Fucker ain't ya Daddy! te he, but so right.
    The frame number should do it for you, cant warrant a bike without it, should be a simple case of reverse referencing.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,853
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Such an eloquent Fucker ain't ya Daddy! te he, but so right.
    The frame number should do it for you, cant warrant a bike without it, should be a simple case of reverse referencing.
    vin numbers are relatively recent,the frame number used to be the identification.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    13th June 2010 - 17:47
    Bike
    Exercycle
    Location
    Out in the cold
    Posts
    5,181
    Russ says it's probably the one I didn't know about. After Warren's death he bought a frame from the estate. No paperwork.

    If they're of use to anyone, he has a set of replica fairings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    18th November 2010 - 11:51
    Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Won't be Warren, RIP.
    If it's the one I think it may be, Russell bought a project that involved putting the 500 in an RGV250 roller. The original 500 frame came with it I think.
    That may be the one you have.

    I'll ask Russ if I can pass on his contact details. No guarantee he's got what you want.
    Hi Grumph,

    Thank you for that, it would be appreciated if he is happy for you to pass on details.

    I got a reply from NZTA today, they can search via frame number and thankfully I got the old rego number from them.

    Cheers for the reply.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    18th November 2010 - 11:51
    Bike
    RG 500,GSXR1100,NC30 VFR400x2 ,Hayabusa
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Russ says it's probably the one I didn't know about. After Warren's death he bought a frame from the estate. No paperwork.

    If they're of use to anyone, he has a set of replica fairings.
    I recently purchased this bike from a guy in Christchurch, interesting history thank you for the reply, turns out it was deregistered in 1995, probably was track ridden, be nice to find out more about it. I'd be keen to have a look at the fairings. Please pass on my number to Russ, 0276880845. Thank you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •