Thread: Triumph Tiger Sport 660

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650

Triumph Tiger Sport 660

https://www.autocar.co.nz/triumph-in...r-sport-junior

Nice looking new model from Triumph.

But why oh why only bring the LAMs version to NZ? This seems to be seriously short sighted to me.

Tracer 7 and Versys 650, as well as the V-Strom 650 have full power versions so why just a LAMS bike? I really don't get it.

I'd look seriously at this if they offered the full 80Bhp version as it'd be a simple, fun-to-ride yet entertaining bike to ride...

Bike
    2011, Mikilon D7 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    https://www.autocar.co.nz/triumph-in...r-sport-junior

Nice looking new model from Triumph.

But why oh why only bring the LAMs version to NZ? This seems to be seriously short sighted to me.

Tracer 7 and Versys 650, as well as the V-Strom 650 have full power versions so why just a LAms bike? I really do't get it.

I'd look seriously at this if they offered the full 80Bhp version as it'd be a simple, fun-to-ride yet entertaining bike to ride...
    I'm guessing for the same reason they only bring the LAMS 660 Trident, to prevent the cannibalization of their higher profit Models.
    Regards Kevin

Bike
    Indian Scout
    That's a nice looking bike the 660 Tiger. My brother in Sydney has got himself a Trident 660 LAMs and it looks good in white and ample power for his limited riding experience.

Having owned the Tiger 1050 (holy shit was that really 11 years ago !!) I can say it was useless on gravel but excellent for touring on seal. This 660 will probably be similarly good on tour and thankfully lighter and lower to get your leg over.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Golly yes it was 11years ago as that's when I got mine too (gauged by age of kids). Indeed the 1050 was no gravel bike, but an excellent all rounder. This should be too.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2009 Kawasaki Versys 650
    It is indeed a great motorbike, the features look great.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050se
    Blog Entries
    One Pom journalist suggested they could buy the LAMS then when got full license the dealer will plug it in and make it full power. If Triumph NZ would endorse that could be a goer…
    Stuff everything...I've always got my bike.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarillo View Post
    One Pom journalist suggested they could buy the LAMS then when got full license the dealer will plug it in and make it full power. If Triumph NZ would endorse that could be a goer…
    Mmm - Nice idea Tim but I'd be surprised if Triumph let their NZ dealers do that. Personally I'd be really keen if that were the case but I suspect that it'll be too much trouble for them. Plus it'd mean me having to use my local Triumph dealer - And we all know how much use they are...

Bike
    2022 Triumph Tiger Sport 660
    I just ordered one of these, cannot wait.

The Tracer isn't even sent to NZ anymore and that waaaas going to be my purchase.

Thread Information