Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something positive for a change

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW_BeMyWings View Post
    I worked as a software developer for over 20 years. 12 of them in NZ, a lot of these for government. The way the tracking app works is that if you enter data i.e. by scanning a QR code or manually it saves it to your device. And only to your device. Nowhere else. The app downloads the list of locations of interest to your phone. It then compares this list to the data on your phone. If there is a match you see a notification.

If you use the bluetooth function your phone detects another phone using the bluetooth. If the other phone was at a location of interest or had contact wioth a COVID case it triggers a warning on your phone that you were in close proximity to this person.

Now there are people who say to me "Yeah, that's what they tell you". Having worked in big IT teams (think a lot of bureau-crazy) I then wonder how this is supposed to work. The government takes a handful of developers aside and tells them "We have this hidden agenda. We want you to implement some dark code which transfers people's data to our databases. Nobody is allowed to talk about this. Not even your colleagues or managers. It needs to be secret. I now hand you over to your new manager, James Bond". And whistleblowers disappear mysteriously or have a "car accident". People watch too many crime shows.
    The control is before the app. All govt Intel agencies have a direct pipeline into your devices, they all have backfire but into them for thieves purpose. However they only use it when needed (eg to protect themselves). They have the power that was in Person of Interest tv show computer, just not enough trusted staff to fully use all the data.

No one needs to disappear, it easy for agencies to compromise or blackmail people these days in age of social media.

Also in terms and conditions of nearly all apps you surrender control of camera and library’s for various reasons and also agree in advance to unknown updates
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Try rereading his post. Your answer is just completely delusional.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Try rereading his post. Your answer is just completely delusional.
    Situation normal.

Not completely relevant, but that reminds me of an argument on Twitter. A guy was talling a woman that she'd misunderstood a magazine article and he suggested she read it again.
    "Read it? I wrote it."
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Good on you Lee and good on Emma too.

Up here on the Coromandel, antivaxxers are pretty vocal. I don't mind a reasoned, contrary view but some of the regurgitated crap that is pedalled out defies belief. Christ almighty, there must be a recessive gene at work in sections of the community. Once we hit 90%, I think Thames hospital will be rather busy with the same people. Darwinism at work
    Yep - It's a bit like the meme I saw recently about how folk would react if the seatbelt law were introduced today... I'll be honest and say that it still makes me feel a bit uneasy having to scan a phone in wherever I go. However in the words of 'Hot Fuzz' it is for 'The Greater Good'. Emma's example was a nice bit of payback for the perceived downside of having to use the app all the time with no immediately obvious benefit.

Here in Singapore you can't do anything without being able to prove full vaccination. It shows on the 'Trace Together' App which you need to have downloaded and makes NZ feel free and easy by comparison. It's funny how other countries' more hard nosed approaches give you a sense of perspective.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Yep - It's a bit like the meme I saw recently about how folk would react if the seatbelt law were introduced today... I'll be honest and say that it still makes me feel a bit uneasy having to scan a phone in wherever I go. However in the words of 'Hot Fuzz' it is for 'The Greater Good'. Emma's example was a nice bit of payback for the perceived downside of having to use the app all the time with no immediately obvious benefit.

Here in Singapore you can't do anything without being able to prove full vaccination. It shows on the 'Trace Together' App which you need to have downloaded and makes NZ feel free and easy by comparison. It's funny how other countries' more hard nosed approaches give you a sense of perspective.
    Don’t worry we’ll be there shortly... it’s only down to poor leadership that we’ve had such a piecemeal slow approach to get where we are now. Couple that with unclear information from the govt itself about masks/no masks and the misuse of information broadcasts into party political advertisements and you have many people disconnected.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Heres a few truths.

We were always going to struggle to get vaccine quickly due to the rest of the world. That is the sole reason we weren't able to get done earlier. Surely you cant dispute that, much as Nats are using it as a political weapon (as you would to try stay relevant).

Early on there wasn't enough medical grade masks to cover all the front line staff. They needed it most. If they got sick and couldn't work or worse were redistributing virus then we would have been worse off.

Again, hard to argue with. But I'm sure you'll keep reverting back to the same old line.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I couldnt care less if the govt wants to track me. My life is not that interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    My wiff was given a brochure while trying to cram shopping in the wagon.

Turns out it was all about Christian Freeganisim. And the Chinese. And the Mark of the beast. And Dumpster diving.

I'm thinking it is the same source of reading material R666 is dredging from.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Don’t worry we’ll be there shortly... it’s only down to poor leadership that we’ve had such a piecemeal slow approach to get where we are now. Couple that with unclear information from the govt itself about masks/no masks and the misuse of information broadcasts into party political advertisements and you have many people disconnected.
    Poor leadership .. ?? more likely its more about not being able to please all the people ... all of the time. YOU included.

Unclear information about masks ... ??? From their website ... Face coverings can help reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must wear a face covering in some locations. Keep your community safe, and cover for each other.

https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-w...face-covering/
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Leadership can lead all it likes. If people dont want to voluntary follow, they wont. And any hint of compulsion really sets off the antis (TDL frinstance)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Leadership can lead all it likes. If people dont want to voluntary follow, they wont. And any hint of compulsion really sets off the antis (TDL frinstance)
    Exactly right about compulsion, and a good leader should know and understand that. How many of us were accelerated into motorcycles because our parents tried to say we weren’t allowed one lol
    A good leader by definition is someone who people will follow... eg the commander who doesn’t have tonorfer his troops because they trust his judgement and experience.
    Jacinda looked like a good leader to start with as in Trump sequel style she told them what they wanted to hear... ending child poverty, building 100,000 new houses (bwhaaahshsha), kiwibuild, climate action, equality ....,
    Bit faced with a problem where there are a clear set of options to resolve/control (whether I like those methods or not) she has been too slow and indecisive in doing them leading people (sic) to question the whole narrative....

Bike
    whatever is going
    What is "tonorfer"

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Unclear information about masks ... ??? From their website ... Face coverings can help reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must wear a face covering in some locations. Keep your community safe, and cover for each other.

https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-w...face-covering/

Yeah. Some like to criticise the inconsistent mask policy. It exists only in their disordered minds. As Dave said, initially we were told we didn't need a mask because they needed the available supply for medical staff. Once supplies became available we were advised to wear masks. This is considered inconsistent or unclear by those determined to find fault.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwilly View Post
    What is "tonorfer"
    a new type of underwear for harley riders?

Bike
    whatever is going
    Designed for assless [US spelling] chaps?

Thread Information