Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something positive for a change

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwilly View Post
    What is "tonorfer"
    I think in the context posted it describes the assumption of the lead rider that the rest of the group know where they are going.

For example, a Ulysses run from Whangarei to Kaitaia, without giving directions or waiting for slower riders.

If it was Kaitaia to Whangarei it would be "tosoufer".

At the beginning of the ride when "tonorfer" is declared, engines are revved, fists pumped and buttocks briefly exposed, then the second rider to leave falls off.

I could be wrong.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2006 BMW R1200GS
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I think in the context posted it describes the assumption of the lead rider that the rest of the group know where they are going.

For example, a Ulysses run from Whangarei to Kaitaia, without giving directions or waiting for slower riders.

At the beginning of the ride when "tonorfer" is declared, engines are revved, fists pumped and buttocks briefly exposed, then the second rider to leave falls off.

I could be wrong.
    I live in Kaitaia. Am I a "norfer"?

Bike
    whatever is going
    Do you have assless chaps?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW_BeMyWings View Post
    I live in Kaitaia. Am I a "norfer"?
    Well, you're further norfer than me so that would make you a furnorfer and me a midnorfer.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwilly View Post
    Do you have assless chaps?
    At a guess I would say you and BMW-BeMyWings are rocking der Lederhosen?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2006 BMW R1200GS
    At a guess I would say you and BMW-BeMyWings are rocking der Lederhosen?
    : Yepp, proud owner of Lederhosen with ass [sic!]

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Tonorfer! Lols, covfefe!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Exactly right about compulsion, and a good leader should know and understand that. How many of us were accelerated into motorcycles because our parents tried to say we weren’t allowed one lol
    A good leader by definition is someone who people will follow... eg the commander who doesn’t have tonorfer his troops because they trust his judgement and experience.
    Jacinda looked like a good leader to start with as in Trump sequel style she told them what they wanted to hear... ending child poverty, building 100,000 new houses (bwhaaahshsha), kiwibuild, climate action, equality ....,
    Bit faced with a problem where there are a clear set of options to resolve/control (whether I like those methods or not) she has been too slow and indecisive in doing them leading people (sic) to question the whole narrative....
    The options to control the outbreak are there and have been discussed. Because the antis dont want to, how can leadership (any leadership) make them? Bring in the military? Ardern is already painted as a communist dictator. When the people see for themselves that they need to do what has been requested, maybe then they will. Or not, and die, clinging grimly to their "rights to freedom". The country does need a good run of deaths to jerk people out of their complacency.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

I could be wrong.
    Hilarious post of the week I’m still laughing
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    ... As Dave said, initially we were told we didn't need a mask because they needed the available supply for medical staff. Once supplies became available we were advised to wear masks. This is considered inconsistent or unclear by those determined to find fault.

It was about that time when "How to make masks" vid's started appearing. But I do remember we were told that wearing a mask or face covering was advised. And keep the proper spacing's between yourself and others. Never ... "We didn't NEED them" ...

On every Covid deaths TV News item was people wearing masks.

More like they held the opinion that ... unless someone gives me some masks (free) ... I won't wear one. I'm not wasting my time looking for them. If we NEED to wear a mask they'll give me some. Fact is ... a half dozen phone calls ... a Visa card transaction ... and they (a box of 1000 masks) were delivered to my door two days later.

When people started dying in THIS country though ... attitudes changed (well ... with most people anyway). Nothing gets peoples attention faster than the imminent threat of death.

Go figure.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It was about that time when "How to make masks" vid's started appearing. But I do remember we were told that wearing a mask or face covering was advised. And keep the proper spacing's between yourself and others. Never ... "We didn't NEED them" ...

On every Covid deaths TV News item was people wearing masks.

More like they held the opinion that ... unless someone gives me some masks (free) ... I won't wear one. I'm not wasting my time looking for them. If we NEED to wear a mask they'll give me some. Fact is ... a half dozen phone calls ... a Visa card transaction ... and they (a box of 1000 masks) were delivered to my door two days later.

When people started dying in THIS country though ... attitudes changed (well ... with most people anyway). Nothing gets peoples attention faster than the imminent threat of death.

Go figure.
    I’m not going to subject myself trawling through hours ofvfootage for evidence but....

Early on in season one when this was all new and even I was still watching some of the news updates before they got transformed in Labour Party campaign speeches...;

Bloomingliar stated when questioned by media that they didn’t think that the general public needed to wear masks and they couldn’t foresee us being made to wear them or words to that effect.
    It was same in other countries and one popular American blonde blogger mum made an excellent hilarious video reading out the same type contradictory statements in a news broadcaster fashion.

We were told stay home couple weeks, social distance and wash your hands and Jacinda Fairy godmother would make nasty virus be eliminated, go hard go early.

Attitudes never changed about masks, very few wore them voluntary then we were forced overnight to wear them at shops etc by LAW. Then the psychology of conformism takes over....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    The options to control the outbreak are there and have been discussed. Because the antis dont want to, how can leadership (any leadership) make them? Bring in the military? Ardern is already painted as a communist dictator. When the people see for themselves that they need to do what has been requested, maybe then they will. Or not, and die, clinging grimly to their "rights to freedom". The country does need a good run of deaths to jerk people out of their complacency.
    Well put

As dark as this may seem, a good run of deaths is indeed required, to shake the complacency from the fence sitters.
    I don't think there's actually that many true anti-vaxxers, but a good number of folks for whom covid is perceived to be far away from them to affect them...

Thread Information