Thread: Very, Very nice!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries

Very, Very nice!

I would love to have one of these in the garage!
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...o-stroke/2022/

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'd want to DeCafe Race it. Not often you read that.

Ditch the tailpiece and tank. Twin lights, sleek upper fairing, and some forged wheels.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BSA A10
    It would probably be awesome to ride but it's fucking ugly
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Didnt like two smokers when a young fella watched the start up clip and yep nothings changed.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Didnt like two smokers when a young fella watched the start up clip and yep nothings changed.
    Out of curiosity, did you ever ride a good one?

Even though near my entire racing career was on 4 strokes, I always considered myself a 2 stroke rider, and vastly preferred them. The direct feel of the throttle, light precise handling and the challenge of (attempting) keeping it on the pipe 100% of the time was intoxicating. The sound and smell grew on me to the point it was like crack lol

In my 3rd race ever, I decked my Gsxr1100R in practice, my brave (foolhardy?) mate lent me his RG500 he had ridden up on. I was clearing out the upper gears and adjusting the clutch cable on the back strait on the warm up lap. It was a 6 lap sprint race in the F1 class (vic club championship, manfield). No qualifying meant I started from back of grid. Got up to 3rd postion by lap 5, passed one Shaun Harris riding a gsxr750 down the front strait much to every rg500 riding spectators absolute delight. The only thing holding it back was levering up the front end on the chambers due to poxy 16" front wheel. Had RG500's come out with 17' fronts, they would of crushed Gsxr750s around the track with ease. Go the 2 strokes!

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever ride a good one?

Even though near my entire racing career was on 4 strokes, I always considered myself a 2 stroke rider, and vastly preferred them. The direct feel of the throttle, light precise handling and the challenge of (attempting) keeping it on the pipe 100% of the time was intoxicating. The sound and smell grew on me to the point it was like crack lol

In my 3rd race ever, I decked my Gsxr1100R in practice, my brave (foolhardy?) mate lent me his RG500 he had ridden up on. I was clearing out the upper gears and adjusting the clutch cable on the back strait on the warm up lap. It was a 6 lap sprint race in the F1 class (vic club championship, manfield). No qualifying meant I started from back of grid. Got up to 3rd postion by lap 5, passed one Shaun Harris riding a gsxr750 down the front strait much to every rg500 riding spectators absolute delight. The only thing holding it back was levering up the front end on the chambers due to poxy 16" front wheel. Had RG500's come out with 17' fronts, they would of crushed Gsxr750s around the track with ease. Go the 2 strokes!
    Na to be honest havent ridden many,back in the day an MT250 and a mad early YZ465? or 490? so long ago details are long forgotten,YZ scared the crap outta me,rode a mates RD400 but was just stuck on 4 stroke singles or 4s.Did ride a Kawasaki 500 from Kaikoura to the old mans place south of the Hundaless,owned a 500/4 at the time and the Kawasaki was simply nuts,seemed like everytime i changed down the bloody thing went quicker lol.Engine brakings a wonderful thing lol.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well it takes a knack to kickstart a 500 single 4 banger, lots stump pulling talk(sp), could hear it fire once every lamppost. Of course lamppost were rationed back then so sometimes you had to turn around and ride back the way you came if you ran out on an undeveloped country road. You didn't put your lights on as Stuka attacks were still common in the hill country. Why I very nearly beat a Bantam in a fair race, but he was going the other direction.

Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information