Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Nope, he should have been second. Instead he fumbled the start, fucked about and made no progress. He gets owned by every team mate he has. He's not a top level rider.

This will be Miller's last year anywhere near a factory bike.
    I dont really disagree.. although, he was top 5 for all but the last couple when he had his wing clipped..

But yeah, he should have been faster. Be interesting to hear what Millers excuse is..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    GSXR1000
    What an emotional win for both Aleix and Aprilia, MotoGP just keeps on delivering with some of the best action you can see anywhere. Great race and rapt to see Vinales starting to find pace on the Aprilia as well. These riders are all so top level, we live in a great era.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    What an emotional win for both Aleix and Aprilia, MotoGP just keeps on delivering with some of the best action you can see anywhere. Great race and rapt to see Vinales starting to find pace on the Aprilia as well. These riders are all so top level, we live in a great era.
    That will be Vinales' best showing of the year. He will go back to finishing 8-13 places behind Aleix when they hit Europe.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that people who are actually involved in MotoGP have faith in him. And these people actually know what they're talking about, unlike 100% of internet speculators. For me I'll just enjoy the racing.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So good to see Aleix get the result he's deserved for many years. Rarely been happier for a riders first win.

Now he's got the bike to do it bring on more of them I say

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that people who are actually involved in MotoGP have faith in him. And these people actually know what they're talking about, unlike 100% of internet speculators. For me I'll just enjoy the racing.
    Hang on a minute - have you been watching the same MotoGP/500GP I have for the last 40 years? His successes have flattered to deceive. He doesn't know why he's fast when he is and he can't replicate form from one week to the next. He's never consistently performed on any bike, in any team he's been in. He's super fast when he's on it. That is why people have "faith" in him, but he can't do that reliably. He sure as shit can't develop a bike either. Take the development rider of any team out of the mix and he falls to the back of the field. He's had a load more chances than Jack Miller, for instance, and it is obvious that Jack has fallen out of favour at Ducati. I don't know why they keep giving Vinales a ride. It's 50/50 whether he'll bring success to a team or make it impossible for a team to compete in the constructor's championship. That's born out by his results, not Internet speculation. Quatararo makes the best out of every opportunity now, where he used to be emotionally fragile. Bad qualifying? He'll drag that Yamaha slug as far up the field as he can and be 10 places ahead of the next Yamaha rider. That's obvious from his results.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    As I'm only in my 40's I can't profess to have the experience you do but I have been watching for around 30yrs, and he's most definitely a top level rider. But hey those guys who hire him must sure be dumb if they can't see what you see from your armchair. Enjoy the racing, it's great entertainment and I love watching the riders go through the good and bad and put on a spectacle for us.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Hang on a minute - have you been watching the same MotoGP/500GP I have for the last 40 years? His successes have flattered to deceive. He doesn't know why he's fast when he is and he can't replicate form from one week to the next. He's never consistently performed on any bike, in any team he's been in. He's super fast when he's on it. That is why people have "faith" in him, but he can't do that reliably. He sure as shit can't develop a bike either. Take the development rider of any team out of the mix and he falls to the back of the field. He's had a load more chances than Jack Miller, for instance, and it is obvious that Jack has fallen out of favour at Ducati. I don't know why they keep giving Vinales a ride. It's 50/50 whether he'll bring success to a team or make it impossible for a team to compete in the constructor's championship. That's born out by his results, not Internet speculation. Quatararo makes the best out of every opportunity now, where he used to be emotionally fragile. Bad qualifying? He'll drag that Yamaha slug as far up the field as he can and be 10 places ahead of the next Yamaha rider. That's obvious from his results.
    Luca Caladorda .......
    Although he won 250 champs not the moto 3

tbf though Marc has finished top 3 or 4 overall four times once on the Suzuki?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There are a couple of guys that I'm surprised have rides. Vinales is one. He was sacked with immediate effect by Yamaha for holding his engine on the rev limiter in pit lane or wherever, as if trying to blow it up. Certainly it seems Yamaha share that impression. That is not a guy with the temperament to win championships.

Why Aprilia signed him I have no idea. If he doesn't have immediate success he'll just give up. Again.

Fenati is another. No doubt an incredibly talented rider, but also a dangerous head case.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    MV seems Genuinely happy in this vid.
    https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/202...t3GY7oE3haq75M

No excuses with Aleix winning on it.
    As a side note, Pol was destroyed happy for his brother but he looked really down after the race.

What a championship your up top then your not LOL good stuff.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Fenati is another. No doubt an incredibly talented rider, but also a dangerous head case.
    From an outsiders perspective it would seem this way, but the support he got from many different people in MotoGP, Dorna etc would suggest that those that know him feel he is not a dangerous head case.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    All I'm saying is that if those who actually involved in the paddock/teams/governing bodies see things differently than us then maybe just maybe they are aware of things that we are not.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    There is one quality that will bring attention in moto gp.To be FAST. And Maverick is fast. You cant teach fast IMHO .Inconsistency is trumped by fast.And the are egos within the teams besides the Riders. There will be managers who will think that they can overcome Maverick's less desireable traits. Aprilia took him because he has shown he is FAST. Aleix is very good as has been shown..But Maverick has WON on the Yamaha and the Suzuki.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    All I'm saying is that if those who actually involved in the paddock/teams/governing bodies see things differently than us then maybe just maybe they are aware of things that we are not.
    They aren't the boldest thinkers in the world. Take Moto2, the engine was restricted (to Honda originally), virtually everything else was open slather to permit the widest possible range of engineering solutions in frames and suspension. So we wind up with almost every team running Kalex frames and traditional forks. Radical thinkers these guys ain't.

Oh and Fenati, everybody can make a mistake, even if a physical assault on your team manager is a relatively serious one. There was also the matter of his grabbing the front brake lever on an oponents bike as he passed. Apparently that was deemed OK in Brit club racing back in the day, but it's not kosher on Dorna's watch.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    And there are plenty of examples of radical thought and change in the paddock.

And lets not forget that Dorna let Fenati back after he had proved himself. I too at first thought it was ridiculous that he was back racing, until I read and heard the positive things a lot of people in the paddock said about him, and the support that was offered and he took. Like I say, they are aware of a lot more than what we the public will ever know.

Thread Information