Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Simply put, (very simply) tyres only perform properly within a certain temperature range. The higher the performance, the narrower the range. In this case the performance level is extreme so the range is extremely narrow. No such thing as a free lunch and all that.

This leads to problems, a rider slowed for a lap or so can crash when he gets going because his tyres have cooled. Last season some riders had problems with the front tyre overheating when they were closely following another bike for several laps.

Tyres cooling was a problem with Bridgestone too for the same reason.

The WSBK system would work. Random pressure checks on the grid. Incorrect pressure? The bike is removed from the grid and starts from pit lane.
    the teams should be alowed to run whatever pressure is required...remember Dani s predicament he is so light he couldnt get enough heat into the tyres but could do so if he was allowed to run a slighlty lower pressure. The teams MUST be allowed to run things as they see fit! The tail is wagging the dog!

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    An interesting article from Taramasso:

https://www.gpone.com/en/2022/05/11/...isastrous.html
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    the teams should be alowed to run whatever pressure is required...remember Dani s predicament he is so light he couldnt get enough heat into the tyres but could do so if he was allowed to run a slighlty lower pressure. The teams MUST be allowed to run things as they see fit! The tail is wagging the dog!
    Agree BMW, I think it's just Michelin covering their arses !!!!!

French GP ! Go Fabio and Yamaha.... I'm still trying to muster up some enthusiasm for this years racing. (haven't even seen a WSB race yet !).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    He's busy running a restaurant. Leave Gary alone.
    "Excuse me waiter, I have little balls of melted rubber in my soup".

On the tyre pressure thing, yes Michelin is covering their arse, however, who can blame them with team mangers blaming them for all sorts of issues. Tyres going bang on 300 kph straights is not desirable.

Though after this article coming out, will pretty much guarantee Dorna will now act.
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature...were-18-others

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I have a motomatters sub sometime i get access to an Oxley article through them
    Just register on the motorsportmagazine.com website to read more free articles. There might be a limit once you've registered but I haven't found it yet.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mat Oxley reports further that the Aprilia team have a sommelier. He feels they should receive extra points in the championship for this innovation.

A sommelier? That’s seriously civilised.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I had to Google that as clearly I am not civilised.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Herewith the temporary tyre pressure fix.

I was somewhat surprised by the suggestions here the teams use whatever pressures they like. Delaminating or exploding tyres at 300kph plus would doubtless be exciting but would be excessively dangerous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FSnyg5RWYAAC6ms.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	344.8 KB 
ID:	351073  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I had to Google that as clearly I am not civilised.
    I was playing a CD (Levee Town, Sonny Landreth) in the car on the way to the shops this morning. The title song includes the line,
    "Break out a bottle of fine gulping wine"

He don't need no sommelier.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

I was somewhat surprised by the suggestions here the teams use whatever pressures they like.
    So was I. It's not like Michelin suggest these limits for shits and giggles.

Bike
    ES XTZ
    FP2 been a crashfest in sunny conditions....rain is forecast on Sunday racetime

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    So was I. It's not like Michelin suggest these limits for shits and giggles.
    It did royally fuck Pedrosa though, would take him half a race to get them working after they made the pressure rule because the fatties (Redding and Baz) popped a few tyres

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    It did royally fuck Pedrosa though, would take him half a race to get them working after they made the pressure rule because the fatties (Redding and Baz) popped a few tyres

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

At 51kg Dani weighted on average about 15 to 20KG less than the average rider. Do you think he would have supported either them having a 15kg lighter bike or him carrying an extra 15kg of ballast.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/06/26/...and-64-kg.html
    As far as i know they made the pressure rule as that is what the safe design limits are for the tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    At 51kg Dani weighted on average about 15 to 20KG less than the average rider do you think he would have supported either them having a 15kg lighter bike or him carrying an extra 15kg of ballast.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/06/26/...and-64-kg.html
    As far as i know they made the pressure rule as that is what the safe design limits are for the tire.
    no..let his team run the tyre pressures they need to make it work.

Bike
    husaberg
    no..let his team run the tyre pressures they need to make it work.
    So he gets all the advantages of being 25% lighter, acceleration and braking and aerodynamics but gets special treatment on top of that as well so he's not disadvantaged....yeah seems fair
    hint if he caried the same weight as others he wouldn't need a lower tire pressure.

here is a hint of reality about pedrossa
    Dani Pedrosa has launched a scathing attack on proposals to introduce a combined rider and bike weight limit in MotoGP.

The Spaniard, who is a massive 21kg lighter than the heaviest rider in MotoGP, is frustrated that rules would penalise lighter and smaller riders like him and compatriot Toni Elias.

It emerged in Jerez earlier this month that a campaign, spearheaded by Valentino Rossi and fellow Italian Marco Simoncelli, has been launched to get a rider and bike weight limit introduced.

Simoncelli is adamant he’s at an unfair disadvantage being the heaviest rider in MotoGP at 72kg. The San Carlo Gresini Honda rider said: “My problem is that I’m bigger than the other riders and this messes up the fuel consumption and I have to go for a more lean engine set-up, and this is not good for the bike’s performance on the straight and the bike can push less.”

Pocket rocket Pedrosa, who weighs in at a featherweight 51kg, couldn’t disguise his anger at the rule plan, which will be discussed by the powerful Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association in the coming weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information