Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I'm hopin those pricks at SKY TV bid for the rights to cover the GP's this year.

I cancelled SKY sport last year in protest.... which is something like $34 a month so the boss said ?

Sadly I can't see myself travelling anymore to catch them live ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Sky eh? I remember that from the 90s
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Great news, thanks for the link.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Sky eh? I remember that from the 90s
    My SKY box is sitting waiting to go back to the place you go to hand them in. I just wasn't watchng the TV other than for the news or Netflix so it seemed silly paying $100 a month for nowt. If GPs go back to SKY I'll pay Dorna again.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    My SKY box is sitting waiting to go back to the place you go to hand them in. I just wasn't watchng the TV other than for the news or Netflix so it seemed silly paying $100 a month for nowt. If GPs go back to SKY I'll pay Dorna again.
    Take photos of the shop you take it back to, photos of the person you gave it to, get a business card, draft a letter for the person you hand it in to to sign. Cover your butt as much as you can. The moment you stop paying and they can't find the set top box, they go feral.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Good advice. I took dad's back and did all that.

Actually last week the angle grinder buzzed the dish off our roof. Got sick of seeing it there. Now landfill.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Take photos of the shop you take it back to, photos of the person you gave it to, get a business card, draft a letter for the person you hand it in to to sign. Cover your butt as much as you can. The moment you stop paying and they can't find the set top box, they go feral.
    Interesting. Was unaware of such complcations. I'll have my phone with me. Taking the box back is a new experience for me. Ive seen people doing it previously, their drop off point was located next to a car dealers where there was some parking. Currently they're using a magazine shop, smack in the middle of the main street. They aren't making it easy, and I'm not sure people in magazine shops have business cards. We'll see.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I was happy as larry with the Spark coverage last year, never let me down unlike the Sky coverage when they'd not allow to daylight savings on occasion and miss some of the races. Was also able the share the log in with a few folks on here that wanted to watch, win win.

10/10 for Spark, though I'll weigh up whether I go for the motogp pass instead this time round to give it a shot.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Looking forward to things kicking off this year.

Interesting to see all the new young guns and how they go.
    Dovi will be a waste of space and #93 is still an unknown with his eye problem?

Bagnia could be the man on the doocati ?

As for coverage ,I'll wait and see how excited I get as to whether I pay the $$.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    If Bags continues his form from the end of last season no one will touch him. The Duke is by far the best bike on the grid now that it can turn and hasn't lost that rocket speed down the straight. God only knows what Ducati have done to the that engine after 2 years of development in the lab...

My main question marks are around Yamaha, Suzuki and KTM tbh.

Yamaha: will Fabio be able to beat Franco week in week out, or will they start taking points off each other?

Suzuki: will Rins stop falling off and will Mir start falling off more. I can't help but notice that when Rins is on it he's fucking on it, the pace the bike shows and his ability to make overtakes without barging guys off the track is excellent. So that's more the potential of the bike, unfortunately he steps over the line during races. Where as Mir seems to not quite have the racecraft and raw lap pace of Rins sometimes, I do wonder if he's got a bit in the tank he might be able to use on occasion but doesn't want to risk the points of a poduim/4th place finish.

And for both of those manufacturers: Will you give your boys enough power to at least stay in the Ducatis tow on the straights? Cause if they can't and Bags is riding at his level they won't stand a chance. Especially if Miller, Martin and Zarco (for the first half of the season) are inbetween.

KTM: Will they crack the code or flounder for another year, they got all the talent it's time to put a whole season together. They're who I'm cheering for the most.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I was happy as larry with the Spark coverage last year, never let me down unlike the Sky coverage when they'd not allow to daylight savings on occasion and miss some of the races. Was also able the share the log in with a few folks on here that wanted to watch, win win.

10/10 for Spark, though I'll weigh up whether I go for the motogp pass instead this time round to give it a shot.
    Spark sport are doing a pay full year deal that is only 20 bucks more than Dorna at $255-00 for the year and you get the extra sports.
    Service was good only one time Practice was slow up.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Spark sport are doing a pay full year deal that is only 20 bucks more than Dorna at $255-00 for the year and you get the extra sports.
    Service was good only one time Practice was slow up.
    We use spark also, the app is a bit glitchy at times on my phone while casting
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Nowt any more

Rossi retirement thoughts

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/99...-thoughts-2019

Not stopping when at the top, can see and appreciate his logic.
    If you are still at the top, you will never know how many more wins/podiums/championships you might leave on the table.
    If you are not at the top, then you definitely know.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/99...-thoughts-2019

Not stopping when at the top, can see and appreciate his logic.
    If you are still at the top, you will never know how many more wins/podiums/championships you might leave on the table.
    If you are not at the top, then you definitely know.
    Yeah, nah, all he did was leave a big, brown skidmark on his legacy.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information