Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So what other Ducati riders were challenging him? You don't get that many podiums by just being on a fast bike. But no one was beating MM even if he swapped to Zundaap. It seems like a long time ago, but he was top of the heap in a boring Mick Doohan dominating way.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    This was interesting, I cant find a non facebook link. Questions to motoGp riders from british talent cup kids
    https://fb.watch/eIBIVGKPeK/

"Marc, because when you think you have done everything perfectly, he's right there..."
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Nah nah. Dovi's got some new tank decals and is running the New variable dimension tyre valve caps. You'll see the biggest comeback since Jesus!
    (also riding a Yamaha for the Popular People's front of Judah team, back, well ages ago) .
    Umm Dovi's bike will be ridden by Crutchlow.

An in unrelated news, Bastiannini's bike has sprouted wings on the arse end.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Simon gets to ride some special Dukes at WDW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HbFI7nA-g&t=1s

Bike
    ES XTZ
    New type of wings from Gigi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	706ABC58-CEA8-4CA2-93A4-B97555164270.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	589.1 KB 
ID:	351528  

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Simon gets to ride some special Dukes at WDW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HbFI7nA-g&t=1s
    The dude has balls the size of basketballs. Even the first bike would have terrified me, and i've been riding a zx-14 for the last year or so (to be fair, the 14 terrified me :P)
    What a great thing though, lucky bugger.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So what other Ducati riders were challenging him? You don't get that many podiums by just being on a fast bike. But no one was beating MM even if he swapped to Zundaap. It seems like a long time ago, but he was top of the heap in a boring Mick Doohan dominating way.
    Not saying he wasn't good and undeserving of his ride, but that Ducati was the best bike ahead of the Honda for a fair few years, we only saw its true potential when JL jumped on it and made it turn corners.
    Ie if Ducati had given another decent rider a chance earlier (or kept JL) I don't think MM would have got all of the titles.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    MM would not have been champion so many times if Ducati had kept JL or signed one of the other aliens earlier.

People give Dovi credit for building a bike that Gigi's hands are all over...

So I tend to not say he would have been champion, rather others would have been champion given that ride. IMO etc etc

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    all that may be so but your reflections are no more valid than F5 Daves.The numbers say that dovi could have been champ if it were not for MM

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Aleix had a spectacular highside bin in FP4 nothing broken but his ankles took a hammering, did an amazing job in Q1 awesome !

Big surprise to me was the Suzukis were no where really in Q1

Front row : Zarco
    Vinales
    Miller

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
    Aleix had a spectacular highside bin in FP4 nothing broken but his ankles took a hammering, did an amazing job in Q1 awesome !

Big surprise to me was the Suzukis were no where really in Q1

Front row : Zarco
    Vinales
    Miller
    Q2 was epic.. AE breaks lap record even rhough they thought he couldnt race after his crash.. whilst the commentators are saying how this was unthinkable a few years ago (a 1:57 lap) the next 4 riders came through and beat that time.. JZ, FQ, MV and Miller. They all put so much into it that they couldnt do their second laps - according to Crafar they would have stuffed their soft tires in that lap.

Pretty epic, the vid of the last 5 mins is on motogp.com
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It was reported that Crutchlow was to ride Dovi's bike, but I see the sad faced puta is pedaling his own machine.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Nowt any more
    You will have seen by now, the news is that Dovi will finish at Misano. Crutchlow on the bike after that.

There was a huge amount of discussion around Vinales when he left Yamaha and signed with Aprilia.
    I was among those that suggested he would not manage the situation.
    But, I am happy to eat my words and to see a rider with a genuine huge smile on his face after great performances, but also after the not so great ones, knowing there is a bigger picture.
    Well done Maverick.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    There was a huge amount of discussion around Vinales when he left Yamaha and signed with Aprilia.
    I was among those that suggested he would not manage the situation.
    But, I am happy to eat my words and to see a rider with a genuine huge smile on his face after great performances, but also after the not so great ones, knowing there is a bigger picture.
    Well done Maverick.
    I had 2 firsts this weekend.. cheering for an Aussie at the 1500 at the commonwealth games... sheesh what a run that was. And cheering for Mav. If there is one thing I can respect its a man who is trying to overcome his demons.. He may not go as well every race, but I reckon if he can get on the front row or row2 with his late pace, he can win some races. He'll never be MotoGP champ though.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Good race
    Winner on the day was the racing, not often you see so many bikes that close together the whole race

My Rider of the day was Aliex he even had a go at FQ on the last lap.

Damn good to have the season underway again.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Watched all 3 classes last night.

Excellent across the board. Moto 3 is like watching a video game and Moto 2 was full on. I really like those Triumph's. For some reason they remind me of the early 4t MotoGp bikes.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information