Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The despatches from Indonesia the last coupla days have been interesting. I think it was Crafar said the track is fast and flowing - and that's the best kind. The track was very dirty so everyone was waiting for someone else to go out and clean it. To break the impasse the whole field was ordered out to do twenty laps each. Mat Oxley said that in those circumstances previously it was not unknown for all and sundry to go out in hire cars. Carnage ensued.

There is now a clean line but anyone who leaves that is in immediate trouble. This needs to be attended to before FP1 on the the 18th March.

There is a new man in the Dorna commentary team. I'm not sure but it might have been Steve English - who was Irish - who departed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    So, yeah Pol was fastest, and ominous from MM:

The same positivity can be heard from Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team). The eight-time World Champion ends the Mandalika Test in ninth place as the second fastest Honda rider, 0.4s shy of Espargaro, but it’s all smiles in the number 93’s camp. Marc Marquez is starting to feel like the new bike is his bike, improvements have been made day-by-day in Mandalika and his words portray that he’s feeling good. Marc Marquez admitted he doesn’t have the “special feeling” with the bike still and was suffering on the final day, meaning no time attack, but testing couldn’t have gone much better.
    I'd think that 0.4s means MM is probably challenging for the lead on race day.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Interesting wee interview with Mick Doohan. 170hp / 115kg.

Casey Stoner on turn 3 at Philip Island.

That Gypsy guy put out some good content with Mick and Casey recently.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't read anything into the current foray in Indonesia. Ducati are Italian sandbagging. Someone at Ferrari must've had a word. Yamaha have a Frenchman moaning to cover up the fact they've done nothing to improve their bike relative to the rest of the field. Honda are going, "Rah, rah, we're the best." Yep, right up until their riders suffer multiple injuries over the course of the year. The rest of them are flattering to deceive. As soon as Ducati turn on that 5th cylinder and disappear into the distance on anything resembling a strait with a bike that buries itself into the track so hard it leaves a slug trail, everyone will shrug and go Ducati always has the strongest (1200cc) engine and good aero (full ground effect). The track is also shit. It will provide the first round of broken collarbones and head injuries of the year, due to being very wet and literally green. Plus braking while running over a snake causes accidents.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    haha, yeah I am sure there is some of that.. but still, if it seems the honda is more manageable and up to some sort of competitive speed, god only knows what will happen this year... if Pol can be consistent.. I think its going to be very interesting, at least the first few rounds anyway
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    https://www.gpone.com/en/2022/02/14/...ant-a-1-2.html

New chassis, engine, and electronics apparently.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    With such limited test time allowed I don't think anyone would sandbag, but Dookaaati have the most bums on seats to gather data if they have an issue.

It would be a shame to see Yamaha and Suzuki relegated to the weeds of a few years back, and KTM, well hopefully can find thier 2020 mojo again.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    With such limited test time allowed I don't think anyone would sandbag, but Dookaaati have the most bums on seats to gather data if they have an issue.

It would be a shame to see Yamaha and Suzuki relegated to the weeds of a few years back, and KTM, well hopefully can find thier 2020 mojo again.
    I saw an article, but didnt really look too close, where one of the Ducati riders said "I dont want to build the bike, I jsut want to ride it" or something close to that
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

It would be a shame to see Yamaha and Suzuki relegated to the weeds of a few years back, and KTM, well hopefully can find their 2020 mojo again.
    I think the limited timescale makes it more likely they would sandbag. There's nothing to be made of doing well in testing at what is essentially a tropical island slime bowl. Yamaha and Suzuki are small musical instrument manufacturing companies that have broadened their business scope in small increments over decades. They are neither cash nor capital rich, nor do they have investors descend on them waving cash wanting to by a bit of brand magic association.

KTM will come good when they ditch their (now-braced) 1987 CBR600F chassis.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I think the limited timescale makes it more likely they would sandbag. There's nothing to be made of doing well in testing at what is essentially a tropical island slime bowl. Yamaha and Suzuki are small musical instrument manufacturing companies that have broadened their business scope in small increments over decades. They are neither cash nor capital rich, nor do they have investors descend on them waving cash wanting to by a bit of brand magic association.

When it comes to corporate size, re Yamaha and Suzuki, I kind of agree.

Yamaha is a very diverse company. They play in F1 and are responsible for the best Lexus engines, quite tight with Toyota. Subaru has been promoting a prototype leccy car which they hope will claim a lap record in it's class at the Nurberg Ring. Yamaha designed and built the electric motors.
    IIRC they design and build parts of nuclear submarines, too.
    Not particularly big but at the pointy end of quite a few technologies.

But you're right, more outside investment in their MotoGP campaign would be interesting.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    For SKY users who used to watch Motogp.

Made contact with them today and just got a reply ........ No motogp on Sky again this year !!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I will have to resort to my normal non official sources
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Yep Spark has the coverage again this year.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post

Well. . .

Suzuki made looms for weaving I believe. The Suzuki instrument company co exists, but isn't as linked as it is Yamaha from origin, they have some sort of agreement but I think it would be disingenuous to call Suzuki an instrument company. I bought a book called something like the Japanese motorcycle wars which turned out to be no where near as exciting as the title sounds. If is full of an exhaustive history of the very beginnings and complex interactions to get to where things are through hundreds of companies.

I did survive it but jesus it was boring. I might have thrown it out.

[Edit] actually no, I still have it. I can drop it off next time I'm past.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Well. . .

Suzuki made looms for weaving I believe. The Suzuki instrument company co exists, but isn't as linked as it is Yamaha from origin, they have some sort of agreement but I think it would be disingenuous to call Suzuki an instrument company. I bought a book called something like the Japanese motorcycle wars which turned out to be no where near as exciting as the title sounds. If is full of an exhaustive history of the very beginnings and complex interactions to get to where things are through hundreds of companies.

I did survive it but jesus it was boring. I might have thrown it out.

[Edit] actually no, I still have it. I can drop it off next time I'm past.
    No thanks, but thank you for the thought.

Thread Information