Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Might not see him for the rest of the year ?
    Bradl gonna take up the ride ?

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Maverick Viñales celebrates his Aprilia contract extension with a storming qualifying run of 24th position. What was Aprilia thinking?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Maverick Viñales celebrates his Aprilia contract extension with a storming qualifying run of 24th position. What was Aprilia thinking?
    The BT Sport commentators were crapping on about how close AE and MV are as MV was asking AE for advice during Q1. They get on well because AE knows MV isn't a credible threat.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    The BT Sport commentators were crapping on about how close AE and MV are as MV was asking AE for advice during Q1. They get on well because AE knows MV isn't a credible threat.
    I was hoping MV could make it work ( although I am not a fan) but now thinking when team 2 riders start beating him next year he is going to really struggle.

Secondly Millar cant find a break I really felt for him. You gotta cheer for the aussy from down under. Lets see if Bags can stay on this race.
    Love to see Miller dick him in the overall championship

Bloody rookie city at the top in Qually - Nothing to loose all to gain - Just shows how in the head racing has become with 1000ths between them all.
    What we are also seeing is riders really have to gel with the bike to get those final 100ths - there are good riders down in 20th because of this eg Morbidelli.

Finally this is MM's last chance, he is fucked if this operation doesn't work? Been reading how he has been giving kudos to Rossi for his contribution to the sport etc.
    Dads done a good job with those boys I reckon but We might see both Marquez out of GP.

Q2 and Q1 where awesome but what the hell is the weather for the race??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I was hoping MV could make it work ( although I am not a fan) but now thinking when team 2 riders start beating him next year he is going to really struggle.

Secondly Millar cant find a break I really felt for him. You gotta cheer for the aussy from down under. Lets see if Bags can stay on this race.

Bloody rookie city at the top in Qually - Nothing to loose all to gain - Just shows how in the head racing has become with 1000ths between them all.
    What we are also seeing is riders really have to gel with the bike to get those final 100ths - there are good riders down in 20th because of this eg Morbidelli.

Finally this is MM's last chance, he is fucked if this operation doesn't work? Been reading how he has been giving kudos to Rossi for his contribution to the sport etc.
    Dads done a good job with those boys I reckon but We might see both Marquez out of GP.

MM is obviously still very motivatd,and i think this is a far easier opertion than what he has been through,just a clean break then reet in a dfferent posistin.The question for me is wether the work on his shoulder will work

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post

MM is obviously still very motivatd,and i think this is a far easier opertion than what he has been through,just a clean break then reet in a dfferent posistin.The question for me is wether the work on his shoulder will work

The front row is virtually unregoniseable to us old followers!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Four surgeries for one problem is not usually a great indicator of a successful outcome. I wish him well, but fingers crossed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Four surgeries for one problem is not usually a great indicator of a successful outcome. I wish him well, but fingers crossed.
    They have been talking about needing this surgery since 2021 as he cant fully rotate his right arm/shoulder (according to crash.net)
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Looking good #20 hang in there Fabio Q

Go Yamaha !!!!!!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Good to see some overtaking this one, both stonking races in Motogp and Moto2 (I'm still boycotting Moto3 as it puts the shits up me lol).

Poor Suzuki team and fuck their upper management for doing this mid season to them.

Riders of the race:
    Fabio. He really takes the "Wait until you see God, then brake" to heart. Truly awesome stuff.
    Brad Binder - Lick stamp, send it
    Aleix - Properly clinical

Bags did as Bags did, he seems to be rock solid or fall off. Still pure class though, lets see if he can salvage something from the season. Millers bad luck continues, he's becoming one of the riders with absolutely no luck.
    I'd say without the Qatar mechanical he'd still be in the mix as he's a pretty solid finisher most of the time. If a Ducati doesn't win the title this year they have no excuse (as they haven't for many years), it really is the best bike on the grid. Having so many of them competitive might bite them come the riders championship though.

Aprilia/Aleix - I've often thought it's a great all round bike, it doesn't seem to stand out anywhere in particular that I can see compared to the other bikes, which I think might be one of it's problems. If you're ok everywhere but not great anywhere then it's pretty hard to make a move, IE it only turns slightly better than the Ducatis, engine is almost as fast but not faster, doesn't brake any better etc...
    I wonder if they're going to have to put a bit of focus into it's set up to give Aleix something better to attack with, even if it means sacrificing somewhere else.

If we do the same comparison to Yamaha/Fabio - It turns wayy better than the Ducatis, the engine is much slower in the top gears but Fabio gets excellent exit drive, and the braking, as mentioned above Fabio is insane on the brakes, so he has a point of difference to exploit and attack and defend with.

Of course none of this is telemetry based and I could be totally wrong, but it seems to me that in a straight up fight Aprilia are reaching at the bottom of the tool box trying to find something to throw at them.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Aprilia/Aleix - I've often thought it's a great all round bike, it doesn't seem to stand out anywhere in particular that I can see compared to the other bikes, which I think might be one of it's problems. If you're ok everywhere but not great anywhere then it's pretty hard to make a move, IE it only turns slightly better than the Ducatis, engine is almost as fast but not faster, doesn't brake any better etc...
    I wonder if they're going to have to put a bit of focus into it's set up to give Aleix something better to attack with, even if it means sacrificing somewhere else.
    The comment from the team boss on the weekend was they need to focus on braking attack strength, and he clarified that by stating 'for the bike'.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    The comment from the team boss on the weekend was they need to focus on braking attack strength, and he clarified that by stating 'for the bike'.
    They also had the clutch problem, although they AE seemed to get away decently on the weekend, so they must have resolved that, because if he can get away in the leading pack he has a good chance
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Yeah I heard that, hopefully they can give him some tools without ruining too much of the rest of the good bits.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Here's hoping. While first and foremost I'm a fan of racing over any one particular rider or team, if there's anyone I want to see take the championship this year it's the Aleix/Aprilia combo.

Thread Information