Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    So he gets all the advantages of being 25% lighter, acceleration and braking and aerodynamics but gets special treatment on top of that as well so he's not disadvantaged....yeah seems fair
    hint if he cared the same weight as others he wouldn't need a lower tire pressure.
    I am sure that being so small also had its disadvantages.The teams should be allowed to vary the tyre pressure as they wish.They dont want to destroy the tyres ,bikes and riders. Dani could have run the pressure he needs and the bigger guys can run the pressures that they need. If they do have pressure reports they can manage it just as they manage fuel

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    I am sure that being so small also had its disadvantages.The teams should be allowed to vary the tyre pressure as they wish.They dont want to destroy the tyres ,bikes and riders. Dani could have run the pressure he needs and the bigger guys can run the pressures that they need. If they do have pressure reports they can manage it just as they manage fuel
    Yeah, and they could all ballast all the the riders to 70KG and he wouldn't need to adjust the tire pressure under what the manufacturer uses for safety reasons. Only he never wanted that.
    he was dead against that oddly enough....
    iI's also odd they use weight limits to even out performace in all sorts of other classes and sports like horse racing when its not an issue according to the smallest midget in the paddock odd indeed
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...ightlimitplan/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yeah, and they could all ballast all the the riders to 70KG and he wouldn't need to adjust the tire pressure under what the manufacturer uses for safety reasons. Only he never wanted that.
    Funny he was dead against that odd....
    iI's also odd they use weight limits to even out performace in all sorts of other classes and sports like horse racing when its not an issue according to the smallest midget in the paddock odd indeed
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...ightlimitplan/
    You over simplify it. Adding 15kg to the bike wouldn't have had the same effect as adding 15kg to the rider. But you can't go strapping 15KG of dumbells to a rider can you?

But, allowing the rider to run the correct pressure to get the tyres working? Totally different thing

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    You over simplify it. Adding 15kg to the bike wouldn't have had the same effect as adding 15kg to the rider. But you can't go strapping 15KG of dumbells to a rider can you?

But, allowing the rider to run the correct pressure to get the tyres working? Totally different thing

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    It would negate the need for lower tire pressure.
    Also odd that Moto2 and Moto3 both have combined minimum weights.

The reason he wanted to use lower pressures was his weight was too low but he wanted to have the advantages of the low weight with none of the disadvantages.
    it's very common to ballast bike and cars in racing.

Shit dani should have been allowed to use a 2 liter engine as well with unlimited rebuilds as well on account of his stubby t rex arms.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    So was I. It's not like Michelin suggest these limits for shits and giggles.
    Why?
    the amount these lot spend on bike development and monitoring of every detail of the bike, surely the teams are well enough armed to make decisions about tyre pressure for their rider and bike combo.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Why?
    the amount these lot spend on bike development and monitoring of every detail of the bike, surely the teams are well enough armed to make decisions about tyre pressure for their rider and bike combo.
    And maybe they should tell Brembo to go screw themselves when they enforce the use of larger front disc rotors at certain tracks too? Like you say, the manufacturers develop and monitor every detail of the bike so what can some little brake manufacturer tell them they don't know...

Hmmmm maybe it has something to do with the fact none of the motorcycle manufacturers develop their own brakes and tyres.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    And maybe they should tell Brembo to go screw themselves when they enforce the use of larger front disc rotors at certain tracks too? Like you say, the manufacturers develop and monitor every detail of the bike so what can some little brake manufacturer tell them they don't know...

Hmmmm maybe it has something to do with the fact none of the motorcycle manufacturers develop their own brakes and tyres.
    should be teams choice which to use. theyre only going to deny themselves points if they make the wrong call.

Rider is going to get a say since theyre riding the thing if they have a safety / feeling concern

Bike
    GSXR1000
    should be teams choice which to use. theyre only going to deny themselves points if they make the wrong call.

Rider is going to get a say since theyre riding the thing if they have a safety / feeling concern
    Maybe Dorna has an agreement with Michelin that states they must provide tyres that can safely go the distance of a race. Michelin says no problem can do, but only if they're used under these parameters can we guarantee that. So Dorna look at that and go yup we will enforce that then.

We could also add that on the world stage Michelin don't want the world to see their tyres delaminating or failing in any manner so stipulate requirements of use.

Or maybe Michelin are just having a laugh and fucking with teams for shits and giggles...

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Very interesting hearing Simon's comments regarding Alberto Puig. Like most he saw him as being very grumpy to approach until he realised that Alberto was so invested in the riders, in their well-being, their performance that he comes across like an over sensitive father. And a number of riders both past and present have also remarked how supportive he is. Just goes to show impressions can be very deceiving.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Oxley says the riders who were running illegal pressures would not have been told.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Oxley says the riders who were running illegal pressures would not have been told.
    If the tire failed i bet the team would not have taken the blame aimed at Michelin either.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday there were some photos from an Irish road race IIRC. The tyres had delaminated and large chunks of the casing had gone. By large I mean most of the width of tbe tyre by maybe thirty to forty cm. Dunlops in this instance. Manufacturing tyres must be a tricky business.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've been reading Motocourse 1991 over breakfast for last week or so. Tyres delamination and chunking is a big feature early in the year.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yesterday there were some photos from an Irish road race IIRC. The tyres had delaminated and large chunks of the casing had gone. By large I mean most of the width of tbe tyre by maybe thirty to forty cm. Dunlops in this instance. Manufacturing tyres must be a tricky business.
    Some big investigations going on after the NW200 I believe.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Very interesting hearing Simon's comments regarding Alberto Puig. Like most he saw him as being very grumpy to approach until he realised that Alberto was so invested in the riders, in their well-being, their performance that he comes across like an over sensitive father. And a number of riders both past and present have also remarked how supportive he is. Just goes to show impressions can be very deceiving.
    Yeah it's not often I label someone a cunt that I've not met (except Drew and I say it with love), but I had Puig labelled as a deadset cunt, maybe I was wrong... BUT... You've got to wonder how this actually manifests in the box, look how the results have gone south since he arrived...

Looks like it might be time for a technical fiddle again, I'm all for progress etc but if progress is riders unable to pass due to tyre pressures going through the fucking roof every time they get near someone... Looks like Ducati are the only ones able to overtake and even then they're locking the front and taking riders out doing it... We've had some awesome years of racing under the triple M regs but they engineers have got their heads around all of them now.

Binder, how fucking good is the guy? Riding the bike with 1 wing all race and staying clear of all the other KTMS and in the points...

Thread Information