Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    The rough rule of thumb is that 1kg = 1HP Prob more in MotoGP.
    So our Danni had an advantage.

Tyres
    The riders don't know where they are in the pack so the tyre pressures are a toss up.
    Miller
    But even if you know that you [might] go in front, you prepare for being behind and try to get the lowest [pressure] possible. Because when you are behind, the tyre is going up a lot.”
    Aleix
    “It’s a very difficult thing for the teams and also for Michelin because as Pecco and Fabio said, how do you know if you are going to be following 3 bikes or will have a free track?

They didn't have this as a major Issue a couple of years ago so they need to go backwards and eliminate what is causing it. Prob the aero.
    They get into the slipstream to get a tow and that puts them into the heat vortex. They need to eliminate this or use a tyre that can handle it or both.
    Being forced to race a second behind the rider in front is not racing. They need to fix this.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    The rough rule of thumb is that 1kg = 1HP Prob more in MotoGP.
    So our Danni had an advantage.
    I had always heard of 4kg = 1hp in racing (But I may be completely wrong).

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Not sure it is possible to make a tire that doesnt have this problem when it gets hot, I expect it would be affecting any manufacturer who had the job.

I'm sure the boffins can come up with some solution on the bike to help keep it cooler.. Perhaps can also maybe make the tire a little more resistant to pressure change, but then, that would no doubt affect the "Feeling" or its longevity or a myriad of other detrimental things, right? So, I reckon it has to be on the bike.. somehow. Does anyone know if they use Nitrogen in them instead of straight air? I feel like no.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    So, I reckon it has to be on the bike.. somehow. Does anyone know if they use Nitrogen in them instead of straight air? I feel like no.
    We tried using Nitrogen in the longer races like the 6 hr way back in the mid 70's. Just one of the things tried to make a tyre last..Before tyre changes had to be accepted and used.

But yes, I'd be happy to see aero removed and tyres sorted.
    The sheer speed of the bikes now have to cope with max speeds of what over 360 kph ??? !!!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    GSXR1000
    At least we're not seeing this in MotoGP. But I'd wager having it happen at the NW200 is far worse.

https://youtu.be/GlmexJfy3IE

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/m...finale-3694858

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I had always heard of 4kg = 1hp in racing (But I may be completely wrong).

OK quick google
    7lbs ( 3.17kg) drag racers rough rule of thumb = 1hp
    So you are much closer then me 3.2kg per HP makes me feel a shit load happier.
    Then they go into rotational mass being different etc etc

Secondly saw a Crafar tech talk
    The area of a tin can bottom exposed at full speed is like loosing 1hp

Interesting stuff.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

Binder, how fucking good is the guy? Riding the bike with 1 wing all race and staying clear of all the other KTMS and in the points...
    I reckon they need to put wee explosives where the wings attach, so if they have one wiped off, boom there goes the other one to restore balance
    I also reckon if KTM want to be consistent, they need to discard the tubular frames. My understanding is no two are alike. Ducati never got it sorted, so yeah.

Not sure it is possible to make a tire that doesnt have this problem when it gets hot, I expect it would be affecting any manufacturer who had the job.

I'm sure the boffins can come up with some solution on the bike to help keep it cooler..
    Simply air cool the tires, now hear me out. Remove the wings, the resulting horn monos will bring the front tire temp down - job done, thank me later dorna.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Simply air cool the tires, now hear me out. Remove the wings, the resulting horn monos will bring the front tire temp down - job done, thank me later dorna.
    i'm hearin ya..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Possible JM has gone to KTM (I doubt)
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike

Wings

https://the-race.com/motogp/motogp-h...ake-of-racing/

Update
    This was a post in the thread under the article can't say I disagree.

MotoGP has reached a space-time where prototypes have little relevance to production bikes. The same thing happened at the conclusion of the 2-stroke formula, hence the jump to 990cc 4-strokes under the new MotoGP moniker. While the manufacturers have made some effort to tie Superbike to MotoGP, there is virtually no connection to the broader industry. In fact, I'd argue the broader industry would reject much of MotoGP's identity as homogenous, expensive and/or undesirable.

For all intents and purposes, MotoGP is a commercial for motorcycling that the manufacturers use to raise awareness through entertainment. Wings and active suspension do not improve the entertainment value, and, the MotoGP version of these systems is not production relevant. They need to be banned immediately, and the electronics need to be further restricted.

I think we may be at a turning point In MotoGP.
    We are seeing less of the rider and more of the bike.
    Rider input is the essence of our sport we just cant loose that aspect as it truly puts us above any other form of racing imho.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Aprilia have announced there will be a special press conference this weekend. Here’s hoping it’s a satellite team and not a withdrawal.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Aprilia have announced there will be a special press conference this weekend. Here’s hoping it’s a satellite team and not a withdrawal.
    I'm hoping RNF satellite team with Fernandez and Rins
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Apparently keeping AE and MV, and teasing a satellite team
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Apparently keeping AE and MV, and teasing a satellite team
    WTAF were they thinking? Keeping MV? With a volatile rider market and riders available who actually want to win?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    WTAF were they thinking? Keeping MV? With a volatile rider market and riders available who actually want to win?
    I think they feel like they think MV, once he feels part of the family, will relax and realise more of his potential.
    ZRXOA #9170

Thread Information