Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto GP 2022

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Kinda think it is good to get the championship closer to make it more exciting.

But Matt is right. Be consistent.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...ness-of-motogp
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Has anyone any pics of these so called extended handlebar grips the FIM have made a bit of a fuss about with the new rule in Moto3? Interested to see what they are on about.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Has anyone any pics of these so called extended handlebar grips the FIM have made a bit of a fuss about with the new rule in Moto3? Interested to see what they are on about.

Nope none to be found ?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    The only pic I could see was an orthopaedic grip made for MM 93 when he had broken fingers. They called that an extended grip. I've not seen them for motorbikes but similar are sold for pushbikes. If that's not what they're on about I've no idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 9.04.44 PM.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	351444  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSXR1000
    It seems they are suggesting the teams are using longer than normal grips so the riders can move their hands/arms further inwards improving aero.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...evices-testing

They do look quite long in that pic.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 11th July 2022 at 13:01.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    It seems they are suggesting the riders are using longer than normal grips so the riders can move their hands/arms further inwards improving aero.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...evices-testing

They do look quite long in that pic.
    That new rule is very clear. Just for once. We now await the arrival of extended grips in Moto GP?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I saw a tech talk by Simon Crafar.
    He said an area the size if a tin can bottom exposed on a motoGP bike is a 1 HP loss.
    Seemed unbelievable but it made me tuck in a damn site tighter.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It's one of those square of (speed in this case) things and their speed is a big number.

Didn't stop me trying to blend under the paintwork on my 50.

Bike
    2001 zx9
    when i bought my first TZ250 i used to often enter the 350 races as well as the 250 ones ... with desparado braking and pitching it in you could occasionally pick up 10 or 20 dollars for tenth or some such place. part way through the season one of the better 350 riders hurt his leg and so he couldn't tuck it in very well - the 250 suddenly needed slightly higher gearing as now i could stay with him on the straights. It sucked when he pooed a crank though and i was hung out to dry with my 35T sprocket...

Bike
    Nowt any more

Junior World Championship JuniorGP

Some of you may have seen already, but to let you know, Cormac Buchanan will be racing the AGR Team KTM Moto3 bike this weekend in the Junior GP Moto3 category. He will be the first Kiwi to ever compete in this category and it represents a promotion from his ETC duties. This is the next step to the world champs. It is not known at this stage if this will be in place for the remainder of the season, but we hope so. However, it comes at a price that it was neither anticipated nor budgeted for, sooo, if you feel you can help out financially, please reach out via the Cormac Racing FB or Insta pages and donate until it hurts. Thanks heaps.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    It comes as no great surprise, but Andrea Dovizioso has ruled out continuing in MotoGP for the 2023 season.

I thought he'd go when he lost his Doocati ride.
    (another years pay may have been the decider )?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Send him to soouberbikes where he'll smash them all.

Bike
    Exercycle
    I'm pleased to see the minimum age going up. Some level of maturity insofar as behaviour on and off track would be nice to see. Also, injuries - specifically long concussions - are not something I like to see very young riders exposed to. Not good at any age - but when it's a teenager it reflects badly on the sport.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, make it 45 or something with a break in the middle for a breather.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information