Thread: The best way?

Bike
    Winner 2020

The best way?

Hi all just wanting to know what is the best way to progress with my licence is? I have my learner and have been riding for about 8 months on my gn250 and was on a moped for 2 years until my ass got to big and the thing would not move me very fast..lol should I do the vtnz restricted or the CBTA one? Thanks in advance for your help

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    My personal opinion is that CBTA is the better system, as rather than just sitting a test, they'll actually make sure that you have the skills to be safe and give you advice about the things that you can improve. Whereas the old method is just testing a snapshot in time against a metric and you either pass or fail on the day.

I believe there is also some kind of time advantage in going the CBTA route as well.

I also had a GN250 as my learner bike. I had a lot of fun with it considering how basic it is.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    I did this wee video for some colleagues a while back when I worked at the Death Star. I no longer work at the Death Star.

If you ignore the obvious corporate references and names, it still outlines the fundamental pros and cons of the systems.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I did this wee video for some colleagues a while back when I worked at the Death Star. I no longer work at the Death Star.

If you ignore the obvious corporate references and names, it still outlines the fundamental pros and cons of the systems.
    Were you in catering?

I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    [QUOTE=HenryDorsetCase;1131193787]Were you in catering?

Call me Mr Stephens.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Good video Pete
    The point you made about riders who've gone the CBTA route being better riders than the self taught ones, oh boy is that obvious when running a Ride Forever course.
    I've been doing it long enough to see riders progress from BHST thru Bronze, breeze thru their CBTA 6R. Next up a Silver or two, ace their CBTA 6F, then a year or so later come along on a Gold. Almost without fail those riders do far better in all aspects of riding than the self taught ones

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Good video Pete
    The point you made about riders who've gone the CBTA route being better riders than the self taught ones, oh boy is that obvious when running a Ride Forever course.
    I've been doing it long enough to see riders progress from BHST thru Bronze, breeze thru their CBTA 6R. Next up a Silver or two, ace their CBTA 6F, then a year or so later come along on a Gold. Almost without fail those riders do far better in all aspects of riding than the self taught ones
    Had a guy fail a CBTA 6R a couple of weeks back. He hadn't done a course, just thought he would breeze the test. Nope. Had an IFE for cutting a corner on a 90 degree right turn.

That was early on, he was starting to form a pattern for not having any idea what those mirror things are for, and for having his head glued in the straight forward position.

R4E and CBTA are a match made in heaven.

Thread Information