Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplier of CO2 air vest cannisters in NZ

Supplier of CO2 air vest cannisters in NZ

hey all. I'm returning to NZ after a few years overseas. I got one of them fangled air vests here in Thailand and it works really well. But I cant take the CO2 canisters in my shipping. It's a 35gm canister.

Anyone know a supplier in NZ?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	co2 can.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	433.4 KB 
ID:	350152  

Bike
    A
    Helite Oceania

Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Helite Oceania
    Thanks Casper but they don't stock this particular canister. Seems like supply in NZ is an issue.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Can you send yourself a supply by surface mail? If you don't crash much you shouldn't need many.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Can you send yourself a supply by surface mail? If you don't crash much you shouldn't need many.
    That's a great idea. Ill look into that. Thanks for the idea

Bike
    Ducatis
    What about someone like Burnsco or a dive/marine shop. They look similar to the canisters used in self inflating life-vests...?

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabiker View Post
    What about someone like Burnsco or a dive/marine shop. They look similar to the canisters used in self inflating life-vests...?
    Some of the home brew stores have similar as well, but from what I have seen all are the wrong size (tend to be a smaller variety).

Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    Some of the home brew stores have similar as well, but from what I have seen all are the wrong size (tend to be a smaller variety).
    Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like the canisters from marine suppliers don't release fast enough to be useful in a bike crash? I messed me shoulder up real good 6 months ago, needing surgery with pins n wires inside and still recovering but hope to be back on a bike within 6 months. Hence the need to eliminate future issues as the Mrs wouldnt be happy if I had another injury. Im overseas at the moment and will be back in 6 weeks. I presume some folks are using airbag vests at trackdays / racing?

Bike
    suzuki
    Try Jay at TSS lower hutt, he has a similar suit, also knows his trade well, motorcycle parts and accesories,.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by rapid van cleef View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like the canisters from marine suppliers don't release fast enough to be useful in a bike crash? I messed me shoulder up real good 6 months ago, needing surgery with pins n wires inside and still recovering but hope to be back on a bike within 6 months. Hence the need to eliminate future issues as the Mrs wouldnt be happy if I had another injury. Im overseas at the moment and will be back in 6 weeks. I presume some folks are using airbag vests at trackdays / racing?
    I think my next jacket will be an airbag (road riding) - I tried on the new Astars one a week or so back and I have tried the Helite one. The Astars is a vest worn under a jacket (that does not have to be A stars so that is quite attractive. The issue i am facing is my increasing girth is making all my jackets not fit so good - and I cant do up my leathers fat little bastard.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Try Jay at TSS lower hutt, he has a similar suit, also knows his trade well, motorcycle parts and accesories,.
    Thanks, ive sent them a message through their page

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I think my next jacket will be an airbag (road riding) - I tried on the new Astars one a week or so back and I have tried the Helite one. The Astars is a vest worn under a jacket (that does not have to be A stars so that is quite attractive. The issue i am facing is my increasing girth is making all my jackets not fit so good - and I cant do up my leathers fat little bastard.
    Just done a week and 3000km in SI. Alpinestars vest is easy to live with . Just buy one if you have the pingas.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Just done a week and 3000km in SI. Alpinestars vest is easy to live with . Just buy one if you have the pingas.
    Only thing that puts me off an Astars air vest is they gotta be sent back to them after deployment. I've heard of people waiting months and then being told the vest needs repairs costs bug moola. I like a A stars gear but thats a royal pain in the arse. I just want a standalone airbag without monthly subscriptions or the need for it to be shipped to Italy etc once it's gone off.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    How often are you intending on deploying it?

They are supposed to go to Crown Kiwi in New Plymouth every 2 years for clean and service but that's the ongoing cost, no subscription.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    How often are you intending on deploying it?

They are supposed to go to Crown Kiwi in New Plymouth every 2 years for clean and service but that's the ongoing cost, no subscription.
    Haha, well, I only ride on track so its gonna get deployed that for sure. Have you got the road vest or the race one?

Thread Information