Perhaps a sign of my age but I'm finding this rather appealing
    Alzheimer’s, Dementia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually quite liking too. Will probably need suspension regardless, but 20.4L tank that actually gives you range, unlike the poor choice on the latest CB1000R. Some luggage, although no helmets in pannier practicality type luggage. Would obviously get a topbox added.

Won't be in the crowd that buys it new, but may well look when there is a 2nd hand market... But I'll probably keep the CB919 as it ain't worth anything on trade...

Has all the bells and whistles like cruise control, latest gen display, smartphone integration etc. Would be a hell of a jump from the CB919
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I'm actually quite liking too. Will probably need suspension regardless, but 20.4L tank that actually gives you range, unlike the poor choice on the latest CB1000R. Some luggage, although no helmets in pannier practicality type luggage. Would obviously get a topbox added.

Won't be in the crowd that buys it new, but may well look when there is a 2nd hand market... But I'll probably keep the CB919 as it ain't worth anything on trade...

Has all the bells and whistles like cruise control, latest gen display, smartphone integration etc. Would be a hell of a jump from the CB919
    Earlier this year I took a DCT-equipped Africa Twin for a ride. There was a lot to like about it and I found the DCT gearbox (Which was the aspect I was most curious about) was genuinely useful once you'd gotten your head around it. A feature that really moved things on IMHO but not one that would convert you straight away. In other words it was a 'Grower' of a bike.

I expect the NT will be the same only better at the type of riding I typically do. On a wider note the emergence of more traditional Sports Touring-type machines, such as this, the GSX-S1000GT and forthcoming Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello, is a big plus in my book. It's a segment that has been ignored for too long now.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Earlier this year I took a DCT-equipped Africa Twin for a ride. There was a lot to like about it and I found the DCT gearbox (Which was the aspect I was most curious about) was genuinely useful once you'd gotten your head around it. A feature that really moved things on IMHO but not one that would convert you straight away. In other words it was a 'Grower' of a bike.

I expect the NT will be the same only better at the type of riding I typically do. On a wider note the emergence of more traditional Sports Touring-type machines, such as this, the GSX-S1000GT and forthcoming Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello, is a big plus in my book. It's a segment that has been ignored for too long now.
    2018 AT here, love it in DCT, getting an average of 100K's per 4.8 Litres, thats an average across all types of roads and conditions. Would not go back to a manual again, sat on the 1100 Rebel the other day (cheers Botany Honda), na, to compact, just didn't feel right, the NT? well that could be the road bike answer , but it uses more gas, heaps more, still bigger tank,(at 24.5 Litres, yes I checked that too) so about the same K's per tank.
    I regularly get 330+ Ks from the standard 18.8 litre capacity. (Checked my hand book, it is 18.8 L's) and I've still not run out, bad idea in a fuel injected bike.
    Also sat on this years Wing, what a beast, felt perfect, but wallett cried enough at the first number! in the price.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

How many k's on your 919? I think you're quite a high mileage rider from memory?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    How many k's on your 919? I think you're quite a high mileage rider from memory?
    Mileage has plummeted now as I took a job in 2017 that came with a 4 wheeled company vehicle, multiple lockdowns and multiple motorcycles

However, just shy of 160k now (159k something), the BMW is not far behind at 156k and the KTM is the baby of the fleet, bought last year and on 14k. One of my mates' CB919 is probably circa 180k... Great bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information