Thread: Kawasaki Balius

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZZR 250

Kawasaki Balius

Hey people , I’ve got a Kawasaki Balius 200cc , it recently had a new battery put in it at a motorcycle shop, 2 days later , the bike died , lucky it was a nice day for a walk , I jump started it , take the pack off, the lights flicker , rev it , it dies, I checked out the rectifier , it has 3 blackened wires. There’s only one wire in positive side of battery and 2 on the negative, I’ve not seen that before . If the rectifier had pooed itself, would it do that to the wires? Or maybe bike shop had mistakenly put a positive wire to the negative on battery ?
    How can I check the rectifier to see if it’s pooed itself ?

Cheers for reading my ramble 👍
    Argo Solvo Interio Putus

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    If the shop put the batter yin backwards it wouldn't have lasted three days, I reckon the smoke would have all got out as soon as they tried to start it.
    What was the reason the original battery was replaced. How long was the bike run with it requiring a new battery - bad batt could have overloaded the reg/rectifier.

Look at this page, get past the fact its about suzukis and it gives a whole heap of info about bike charging systems and what goes wrong and how to test
    https://www.thegsresources.com/statorpapers1.php
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZZR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    If the shop put the batter yin backwards it wouldn't have lasted three days, I reckon the smoke would have all got out as soon as they tried to start it.
    What was the reason the original battery was replaced. How long was the bike run with it requiring a new battery - bad batt could have overloaded the reg/rectifier.

Look at this page, get past the fact its about suzukis and it gives a whole heap of info about bike charging systems and what goes wrong and how to test
    https://www.thegsresources.com/statorpapers1.php
    That’s awesome, thanks very much , battery was flat when I got the bike, jump started it , rode it for a few weeks , then as with old things in the winter it started to struggle a bit , finished work early one day and thought bugger it, I’ll buy the old girl a new battery
    Argo Solvo Interio Putus

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Have you got a multimeter that does both AC and DC? Pretty straight forward to diagnose these wee things.
    However, two earth wires sounds unusual
    Typically a smaller bike with no extra loads would have 3 phase wires from stator, 2 positive (one direct to battery, one to lighting supply) and one to earth
    Stator on one of those would be 0.6-1.5 ohm between phases and no circuit to earth, should punch around 45V AC at 5000rpm, will be bugger all at idle
    Should also have a charging fuse, either in a fuse box, or on the starter solenoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZZR 250
    Hi guys. Sorry for delay in reply , the rectifier has fried itself , just waiting on replacement one. Thanks all for replies
    Argo Solvo Interio Putus

Thread Information