Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: PCB manufacturing in NZ

  1. #1
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,655

    PCB manufacturing in NZ

    Any recommendations for getting PCBs made? Nothing to flash, double sided but not through-plated. I have the gerbers, etc.. I have had a look at the d-i-y kits at jaycar and if it comes to that will have go, but would like to know costs, lead time , etc. Tried Capital Circuits in Seaview but they are not answering the phone anymore
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    10,907
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Any recommendations for getting PCBs made? Nothing to flash, double sided but not through-plated. I have the gerbers, etc.. I have had a look at the d-i-y kits at jaycar and if it comes to that will have go, but would like to know costs, lead time , etc. Tried Capital Circuits in Seaview but they are not answering the phone anymore
    There is /was a place where a former member worked n CHCH.


    she worked here from memory
    https://novatronics.co.nz/

    Hazel had the bike no idea if she is still there though
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  3. #3
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    There is /was a place where a former member worked n CHCH.


    she worked here from memory
    https://novatronics.co.nz/

    Hazel had the bike no idea if she is still there though
    Thanks. I tried them and no can do. apparently no PCB manufacturers left in the country. Jaycar kit it is.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    10,907
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Thanks. I tried them and no can do. apparently no PCB manufacturers left in the country. Jaycar kit it is.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...ing/3355948191


    or
    https://www.pcbdirectory.com/manufac...=New%20Zealand

    https://www.qualiecocircuits.co.nz/l...-prototype.htm

    https://www.novel.co.nz/pcb.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  5. #5
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,655
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    18,923
    There are plenty of China based services for prototype runs very cheap.
    I've been told. Dreaming`s free.
    Think I'll go, back to sleep.
    Everybody listen, voices in my head
    Everybody listen, do yours say, what mine says?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    There are plenty of China based services for prototype runs very cheap.
    Yeh but as usual, having failed to plan ahead, I want it right now. The one place in China that I did look at suggested delivery in mid january
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    1st November 2005 - 08:18
    Bike
    F-117.
    Location
    Banana Republic of NZ
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Yeh but as usual, having failed to plan ahead, I want it right now. The one place in China that I did look at suggested delivery in mid january
    Do you know anyone with a laser cutter?
    Make one that way for small production work/prototypes.
    TOP QUOTE: “The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.”

  9. #9
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,655
    I went with pcbway.com in the end. Ordered on the 29th, shipped on the 30th! 5 100x80 boards for $NZ30, expected to arrive by DHL on the 9th. Amazing service.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    8th July 2006 - 22:35
    Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    524
    Maybe worth checking with these guys http://pml.nz/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    4,655
    Ordered, made and shipped by DHL from China in about 24 hours. Currently in Sydney and not expected to be in Wellington for another week.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Currently in Sydney and not expected to be in Wellington for another week.
    Geez, are they shipping it by Canoe across the Tasman?!?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •