Thread: CBTA R - Prorider Madness

Bike
    2021, Yamaha MT07

CBTA R - Prorider Madness

Good Evening All

Is there anybody else I can do the CBTA Restricted License with other than Prorider? I have just had my appointment for the 5th of December cancelled without any reason, which I have been waiting for since 13-10-2021. I unfortunately cannot make a midweek appointment due to starting a brand new job.

Prorider have sent an email saying they have earlier dates in Botany, but everytime I ask if my appointment can be moved earlier I get told all the dates are gone, and they will let me know if any weekend dates come up. Then a week later they send me another general mass email saying that dates are available again for the same weekends. So I reply yes please can I move, then suddenly the spots are all gone again. I just over this.

Even my Bronze ProRider course was a disaster when the office failed to book the Greenlane MacDonalds Conference room, something just doesn't seem right with this organization.

Is there anybody else in the Auckland area, preferrably around the Botany area?

Many Thanks

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I'm pretty sure the Pro-Rider folk are on this forum, it's been a good long while since I did my CBTA, but I'm pretty sure it was with Pro-Rider, and if my memory serves - they were great.

My suggestion would be to pick up the phone and have a chat, I don't know their side of the story, but let me hazard a guess that the unusual circumstances the country is in probably has a hand in it, so a little additional patience and understanding may be applicable.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I know Riderskills and Passmasters will do CBTA, but to be fair to all of the providers, there will be a big backlog from the months of lock downs and difficulty trying to plan anything. You're looking for prime time, the weekend, obviously most want this. They'll be trying to get through as many as possible, but probably prioritising those with the oldest bookings.

While you've been waiting since October, others will have been waiting since August.

Rideforever are often held at MacDonalds or similar, as the meeting locations move around, there are the facilities they need, people have stuff like coffee easily to hand etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A
    What Gremlin said is on point. The backlog started in mid August, the instructor community has only been back in action for scheduling / running CBTAs for a week at best. There's at least three months to catch up on

Plus keep in mind that realistically there simply aren't enough CBTA assessors at the best of times. Many of us have weekday jobs and do the CBTA thing on weekends

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Many of us have weekday jobs and do the CBTA thing on weekends
    What? I thought being an instructor was a ticket to the high life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    What? I thought being an instructor was a ticket to the high life!
    Ssshhhh, don't tell that story in public

Thread Information