Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So its pretty late in the pandemic

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

So its pretty late in the pandemic

For people not to know how a fuckin mask works.

Not a Fucking mask. That would be something different, no doubt with special interest groups.

But you see these clowns in the supermarket etc , ok they may be mouth breathers, but do we really need to explain that the nose is part of the respiratory system? I mean, Really?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Exposed nose is the least of our problems.

Last time I was in our local Coontdoon a lady was wearing a large paper bag over her head with 2 eye holes cut out. She was having a helluva job trying to keep the bag in place as she fossicked through the salami selection.

I was laughing so hard I had to hide in the beer aisle.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    ...Last time I was in our local Coontdoon a lady was wearing a large paper bag over her head with 2 eye holes cut out...
    Nothing to do with mask wearing... just hiding the evidence that she's not a natural blonde...

I think ferals like these are a bigger problem...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I think ferals like these are a bigger problem...
    Right, because the businesses are just following orders...
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    For people not to know how a fuckin mask works.

Not a Fucking mask. That would be something different, no doubt with special interest groups.

But you see these clowns in the supermarket etc , ok they may be mouth breathers, but do we really need to explain that the nose is part of the respiratory system? I mean, Really?
    i told some guy on a plane last year his life would improve quite a bit when his woman learn't to breath through her nose as she didn't understand, he was about three seats ahead and he spent the rest of the flight staring at me for some reason....

interesting the people that don't know which way up and which way out the blue and white ones go, yet they don't seem to have instructions on the boxes either.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Good point, I forgot the other day as I usually use cotton. For sake of response I checked 2 boxes here. First gives no clue but has instructions on how to fit mask, just not which way around.
    The 2nd box has a picture on the side that shows the blue side out.

Supposedly an article sez you can wash disposable masks up to 8 times and still be pretty effective. Most cotton masks without filters are much less effective. However the least effective must be the cotton ones that move when you talk and can't stop the nose being exposed.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Oh no it’s still early, this party only just got started. We got another three or four years of this yet. We need to be totally demoralised and locked down so we give away the freedom of petrol powered transport in 2030.

Masks are mobile petrol dishes for many people. I’d say a high percentage are reusing them and you can bet some don’t Get washed often or at all.
    And it turns out those trendy homemade ones only stop 10% of particles compared to the blue ones....
    And those hands that’s touched that’s petrified dish touch trolleys and food on shelves... god it must be hard for those people who worry about stuff like that.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Is there anything you post that isn't blatent scaremongering?

Bike
    F800GS
    LOL @ R650R...
    So are they petrol dishes or petrified dishes ?

Bike
    ZX14R, E=mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    LOL @ R650R...
    Wondering what a petrol dish is myself. Difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person. An argument with someone stupid is impossible.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    LOL @ R650R...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    Wondering what a petrol dish is myself. Difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person. An argument with someone stupid is impossible.
    Petri dish?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Exposed nose is the least of our problems.

Last time I was in our local Coontdoon a lady was wearing a large paper bag over her head with 2 eye holes cut out. She was having a helluva job trying to keep the bag in place as she fossicked through the salami selection.

I was laughing so hard I had to hide in the beer aisle.
    Countdown have security on the door here and I assume elsewhere, if you haven't got a mask they'll give you one. If security staff let her in like that they need a boot up the arse. They might as well not have security.

The local RSA is having the AGM Saturday, to get into the building members will need to show their vaccine passport. Many of the older members are having trouble getting one, computer illiterate, no cell ohone, no drivers licence, etc etc. TPTB will post one out but their speed of work is unlikely to have it delivered by Saturday.

There will likely be further embuggerances before this is over.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
    A petrol dish is what you put under an old Kawasaki to catch the dribbles until the o-rings on the interconnecting tubes have rehydrated enough to keep the fuel in again.

The shed stinks of petrol for days afterwards.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Many of the older members are having trouble getting one, computer illiterate, no cell ohone, no drivers licence, etc etc. TPTB will post one out but their speed of work is unlikely to have it delivered by Saturday.
    To be honest I sympathise with them. I would consider myself reasonably computer and smartphone literate, and found it bloody painful to deal with.

You have to have a unique email address for each person, many couples share an email address.
    You have to have a smartphone for it to work on your phone.
    You have to have a printer to print the pdf if you don't have a smartphone.

Really there should be an option to go to somewhere, give them your details, and get a card printed with your vaccine pass on it that you can stick in your wallet. They're old people, so they have time.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Really there should be an option to go to somewhere, give them your details, and get a card printed with your vaccine pass on it that you can stick in your wallet. They're old people, so they have time.....
    So you can also go to a pharmacy that does vaccinations now and do it face to face. Haven’t heard how well this option is going yet.

https://www.health.govt.nz/news-medi...y-vaccine-pass

“In addition to postal and online generation of the Passes, we are rolling out an option for people that prefer to deal with someone face-to-face. Over the next couple of days customers will be able to go to a COVID-19 vaccinating pharmacy and request their My Vaccine Pass. Nearly 400 pharmacies around the country currently providing COVID-19 vaccinations will now also be able to assist people with getting a vaccine pass,” said Mr Dreyer.
    My 86 year old Dad was able to get his over the phone, but it took many attempts and a lot of patience.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information