Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So its pretty late in the pandemic

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    To be honest I sympathise with them. I would consider myself reasonably computer and smartphone literate, and found it bloody painful to deal with.

You have to have a unique email address for each person, many couples share an email address.
    You have to have a smartphone for it to work on your phone.
    You have to have a printer to print the pdf if you don't have a smartphone.

Really there should be an option to go to somewhere, give them your details, and get a card printed with your vaccine pass on it that you can stick in your wallet. They're old people, so they have time.....
    The RSA office is trying to help with that, or some people contact the COVID phone line but they are talking a response time of four or five days. I thought those cards we were given at the time of getting the shot should count, but they are specifically excluded.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Local chemist apparently.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    ... I thought those cards we were given at the time of getting the shot should count, but they are specifically excluded.
    Oh. I was hoping to use those as proof. I still can not get my first shot recognized here, I had it in Perth, despite calls and emails to TPTB.
    Guess I won't be doing the gold RFE course ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ View Post
    Oh. I was hoping to use those as proof. I still can not get my first shot recognized here, I had it in Perth, despite calls and emails to TPTB.
    Guess I won't be doing the gold RFE course ...
    Those cards are specifically excluded by the Chartered Clubs or whatever group the hosting club belongs to. Your card may be accepted elsewhere, I don't know, we're all just figuring out what's going on at this stage.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The RSA office is trying to help with that, or some people contact the COVID phone line but they are talking a response time of four or five days. I thought those cards we were given at the time of getting the shot should count, but they are specifically excluded.
    i tossed mine out, but can't even recall whether it had a proper name on it. pretty easy to forge too.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Typical of this govt all about appearances. Virtue signalling to the world about making people use these apps.... Be Kind says Jacinda.... batteries and the elderly not included on this promotion...

Hopefully real NZers won’t act like stasi towards the elderly. In season one of original flavour covid a popular cafe told an old 80ish lady she didn’t have to sign in as she struggled to hold a pen in hand steady. Everyone in cafe smiled on the inside and carried on with their own business and no one said a word.
    Hopefully same attitude prevails after several years of a psychosis of fear being broadcast.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    To be honest I sympathise with them. I would consider myself reasonably computer and smartphone literate, and found it bloody painful to deal with.

You have to have a unique email address for each person, many couples share an email address.
    You have to have a smartphone for it to work on your phone.
    You have to have a printer to print the pdf if you don't have a smartphone.

Really there should be an option to go to somewhere, give them your details, and get a card printed with your vaccine pass on it that you can stick in your wallet. They're old people, so they have time.....
    yes mate ,fucked around online a couple of times but it kept jamming. My kids are all in their 40's and reckon dads a dummy !!
    Did the 0800 number for the Ministry, did wait a bit but all was done in a flash and she e mailed the cert to me... much,much faster and easier..

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    BSA A10
    It took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    There was always going to be a log jam in first few days.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Being sometimes impatient, I did it on the first day with no great expectations. First attempt said they were busy, try again. So I did - immediately. I got through and requested the email. After the email arrived, it was quick, I selected where I wanted the passport installed on my phone and seconds later it was there. All up probably less than a minute of my time.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Hopefully real NZers won’t act like stasi towards the elderly. In season one of original flavour covid a popular cafe told an old 80ish lady she didn’t have to sign in as she struggled to hold a pen in hand steady. Everyone in cafe smiled on the inside and carried on with their own business and no one said a word.
    I bet it was her that fucked the monkey in the first place.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    It took me a few minutes and was easy but as said on here our family shared a common email address for years. Lucky the kids are grown up now and got there own emails and the Missus had one that she hardly ever used. That's an issue though, lots of families & couples share one email address.

Print it out and keep it in your wallet. Way quicker than farting around unlocking a bloody phone that can't recognise your face under a mask and searching up the tree of knowledge folders and files to find the pdf (=Print Da Fucker)

My morning coffee at Custard Pie cart and I was asked for my pass. Took me by surprise at first until the penny dropped. They had had one abusive dick so far this morning. Urinate in his coffee I say.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    My wallet is not for storing junk, I'll just use the phone. The phone is not cutting edge though, it doesn't do facial recognition.

I'm not sure what the problem is with email addresses. The admin officer of the local RSA has done multiple passports for the more technically challenged members, all through the local RSA email address.

Oh, and fake passports are available on Telegram at $25 a pop. That must be for the careless rich, the jabs are free.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    They just need to prosecute and publish a few times and I think the market will be suppressed somewhat.

Thread Information