Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Builders/Tradies

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This discussion can go round and round. Somewhere here is a book in which a guy tells how he built three keel yachts with his "cheap" Black and Decker drill. That's a lot of holes.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    if you going cordless stick with one brand,then at least the batteries can be swapped.Hve no experience with either of those brands. See what you can get in the sales with a better brand maybe?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Actually I disagree. I have cordless screwdriver with one battery and impact with another. Much easier.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    if you going cordless stick with one brand,then at least the batteries can be swapped.Hve no experience with either of those brands. See what you can get in the sales with a better brand maybe?
    There’s hoodakis you can buy now, a form of adapter plates that allows battery swapping across multiple brands of tools. One of reputable tool blogs did a good video on it.

I have a similar device that charges multiple brand camera batteries (actually better than factory’s jobbie) so only havevto pack one charger on trips.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This discussion can go round and round. Somewhere here is a book in which a guy tells how he built three keel yachts with his "cheap" Black and Decker drill. That's a lot of holes.
    Well if Alan Millard can mill and weld new engine designs in his lil garden shed...

This joker called Noah built a pretty big boat without power tools. Apparently it would have been size of aircraft carrier independence and took about 75 years to build. It seems the weather was none to favourable atvtime too....

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-t...build-the-ark/

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So, in the end - I went with Ryobi - two main reasons:

1: Feedback from here and other places
    2: When I went to the shop, they didn't have any decent size Ozito batteries in stock. To be fair, they had similar issues in the Ryobi range as well, but then there was a set of a Cordless drill + 2 AH and a 4 AH battery + charger = $200.

Considering the batteries and charger just to buy alone would be about ~$250 - I figured a free Drill was worth it.

See below is what I got:

Reciprocating saw, Corded Planer ($120 vs $200 for Cordless), aforementioned Drill set and a Nibbler.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tools.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	609.6 KB 
ID:	350343

Currently they are engaged in a fierce battle against the old packing battens in the ceiling. Need to move the temporary light fixings to be attached to the Joist, trim some of the battens off (as they traverse the kitchen into the dining room) then sort out my new Batten spacing, mark the joists, plane the joists that are proud, get some new battens (that will go the full length of the ceiling so as to not be floating in midair) then it will be ready for the new GIB (ironically, the same GIB that was procured when I first posted this thread).

Thanks for the input - and Happy New Year!
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post

This joker called Noah built a pretty big boat without power tools. Apparently it would have been size of aircraft carrier independence and took about 75 years to build. It seems the weather was none to favourable atvtime too....

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-t...build-the-ark/
    yeah, speaking as someone in the know - they dont know, those clowns make the rest of us look bad.

Mind you, saw a show where they had these 12000 yr old rocks that looked like they had been carved with a plasma cutter.. so they asked this self taught rock carving guy to reproduce them. He said he couldnt - so aliens had done it with lasers. Of course, it could have been that 12000 years ago the dudes who's lives depended on building with and carving rocks knew something he didnt.

(see how I got tools in to that?)
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Of course, it could have been that 12000 years ago the dudes who's lives depended on building with and carving rocks knew something he didnt.

or time travellers from nowadays taking some back and planting them, then knowing where to discover them now and make a big fuss

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    or time travellers from nowadays taking some back and planting them, then knowing where to discover them now and make a big fuss
    i forgot the time travellers... :/
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Which reminds me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	265193524_10224118180795729_6290033215190571842_n.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	350344  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Which reminds me.
    Haha yes.... a lot of “strawberry jam” left on the decks 😂

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    yeah, speaking as someone in the know - they dont know, those clowns make the rest of us look bad.

Mind you, saw a show where they had these 12000 yr old rocks that looked like they had been carved with a plasma cutter.. so they asked this self taught rock carving guy to reproduce them. He said he couldnt - so aliens had done it with lasers. Of course, it could have been that 12000 years ago the dudes who's lives depended on building with and carving rocks knew something he didnt.

Yes no doubt a lot of use full skills have been lost along the way. We only have to look at the abject apathy of some millineals in workplace to see what we’re previous commonly simple tasks nowctoo difficult or dangerous to perform...

The problem with the whole Egypt/Mayan thing is people project modern methods to the problem rather than thinking in terms of simple fulcrum/levers/pulleys and sheer disposable manpower of the times.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    There’s hoodakis you can buy now, a form of adapter plates that allows battery swapping across multiple brands of tools. One of reputable tool blogs did a good video on it.

I have a similar device that charges multiple brand camera batteries (actually better than factory’s jobbie) so only havevto pack one charger on trips.
    didnt know that but not surprising really

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Actually I disagree. I have cordless screwdriver with one battery and impact with another. Much easier.
    dunno if that was dircted at me but fwiw now that you have two batteries for your xxx drll and impact,you can prolly just buy skins now and use the batteries and charger(s) that you have got.

Bike
    suzuki
    i forgot the time travellers... :/
    it's not a real thing, how many have you seen go to 2020, quite a lot, no-one in their right mind would go to 2020 by choice, therefore they are just fictional characters.

Thread Information