Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WOF fail!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Ive been watching the local testing station as I drive past. Very modest queues. I phoned and asked what the arrangements were, "Just wear a mask and I'll take all your money."

Might try tomorrow. S72.00 though WTF? Glad you warned me roogazza, I might have fainted. The woman on the phone wasn't kidding.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    The price for a motorcycle wof at VTNZ Is simply scandalous.

It got standardized with the car price at my local VTNZ a couple of years back. Next wof I had to show the guy the ABS working, as he had no idea of any motorcycle more complex than a GN125.

I wouldn't mind the price if I felt as if I got value for money, but a 10 minute check followed by some paper work shouldn't cost so much.

Bike
    suzuki
    [QUOTE=rastuscat;1131194963]The price for a motorcycle wof at VTNZ Is simply scandalous.

It got standardized with the car price at my local VTNZ a couple of years back. Next wof I had to show the guy the ABS working, as he had no idea of any motorcycle more complex than a GN125.

I wouldn't mind the price if I felt as if I got value for money, but a 10 minute check followed by some paper work shouldn't cost so trailers for what's on them are more obscene price wise

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Just thank Satan that we can still modify our bikes without crazy type approval required in some countries.
    I lived in Singapore for a few years ... the most serious modification you could make to your car was fit alloy rims ... Motorcycles were pretty much the same. A (deemed) noisy exhaust could get you a $500 (instantly issued) fine.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Thought I'd chance the testing station on Christmas Eve. The town is crazy, adjacent to the testing station there were cars queueing to get into the supermarket car park.

There was nobody at the testing station, no cars anyway, chains across the front. I thought it was closed, but no, there was just nobody waiting. That's a first. I walked in with the bike and was told, "You can't come in here." I used to have to go in to help the bike tester check the bike, they only had one guy with a bike licence. Now they have at least two.

$67.00 and maybe fifteen minutes later I had a new warrant. That's a pretty good hourly rate.

There was one moment of comedy. The assistant was a really heavily built guy and he was seated solidly on the bike. The tester put a paddock stand on the back wheel but he had a real struggle to get the back wheel off the ground. I was hoping my laughter didn't jeopardise my chances of a warrant.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Thought I'd chance the testing station on Christmas Eve. The town is crazy, adjacent to the testing station there were cars queueing to get into the supermarket car park.

There was nobody at the testing station, no cars anyway, chains across the front. I thought it was closed, but no, there was just nobody waiting. That's a first. I walked in with the bike and was told, "You can't come in here." I used to have to go in to help the bike tester check the bike, they only had one guy with a bike licence. Now they have at least two.

$67.00 and maybe fifteen minutes later I had a new warrant. That's a pretty good hourly rate.

There was one moment of comedy. The assistant was a really heavily built guy and he was seated solidly on the bike. The tester put a paddock stand on the back wheel but he had a real struggle to get the back wheel off the ground. I was hoping my laughter didn't jeopardise my chances of a warrant.
    Better than 72 bucks pritch !!!!!! oh well, done now.
    Since been notified the local bike shop do WOF's for $45.
    The bloke doing mine put the H/light thingy in front of the bike and announced the beam was too low !
    Started to fuck around with spanners,so I walked over and grabbed the H/light and tweaked it up ! Oh he said !!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

have a great xmas pritch xxx

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Street Triple R
    $61.20 at the local VTNZ - no charge for the re-check. they did charge me a surcharge when I bought some rego for the old girl though.

The Ducati I bought is pre-2000 so 6 month warrants. I won't be bothering I dont think. Its about to fall to bits again to get some new secondhand stock parts put back on it. First time I have ever put stock exhausts back on a bike........
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2011 BMW F650GS

Just to make you all jealous

Up here in the extreme Far North my local WOF guy is $37.00 for a single axle trailer and $42.00 for the motorcycle. My car was $47.00. All of which seem very reasonable and match the time taken.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Up here in the extreme Far North my local WOF guy is $37.00 for a single axle trailer and $42.00 for the motorcycle. My car was $47.00. All of which seem very reasonable and match the time taken.
    A trailer has the same amount as rear lights as the other two, half the wheel bearings of a car, and a bit of structural stuff to check, no brakes, no high low beam measurements, bugger all in fact, they overcharge everywhere for them

Bike
    less than I used to have
    my trailer had tail lights that somebody had made a 3mm steel box surround around the tail light units, which were 100mm square things, but made them only visible from bloody near directly behind. It was pointed out to me by the wof man, with instructions to fix the problem...

...the couldn't give a fuck, city care mowers who do the verges around here had driven over the roadside plastic standards that are highly reflective at the top, but the ones they had driven over had stayed laying down...I took two home after hoisting them out of the ground, cut the reflective bits off the top and fixed the sparkly bits to the ends of the tailgate. They were duly impressed, gave me the warrant and asked where I had bought these amazing reflectors...obviously not the most observant creatures...

Thread Information