Thread: bad tempered old bastard

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650

bad tempered old bastard

greetingz to the forum ... recently returned to nzl after a few decades of european motorcycling ... hokianga is very low key luxury in comparison ... currently riding a W1 Kawasaki and an XS650, both perfect for relaxed cruising ... had a sh+t-load of fun sidecar racing, esp sidecross

be nice to meet up with a few like-minded northland riders ... time to go fishing - enjoy

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Welcome to the Mad House, there are still a few madder barstards who do and or did used to ride and or sidecar/chair those super fast racers left in here.
    Have fun and enjoy.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I'm on the other coast but if I see a 1000 yard stare from a Sidecross racer I'm staying well clear. Nuckin futs sport!

You are definitely in a wee paradise, jealous. I bet the road through the forest is grouse at the mo with so few tourists about.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    bad tempered old bastard....take the old bastard part and look for your closest branch of the Ulysses club. Many old bastards belong even though I believe the joining age has been dropped to forty years young in an endeavour to bolster numbers.
    From what I see on facebook they are pretty active in that northern part of the world.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Adding to the hellos. Equally old, sometimes grumpy, sometimes mad. Very much like your choices of bikes, with a bias toward the W1.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    ... mad-house, sounds like a band ... mmm, lou reed, iggy pop, syd barret, jimi h, prince, with maureen tucker and cozy powell on drums and carol kaye and flea on bass ... kool

... learnt long ago to recognise at 1000 yards whether more alcohol or a paper bag was needed
    yea, the forest is at my doorstep - get some good runs at night when you can see the headlights coming, or early in the morning before the dew has evapourated - watch for the logging trucks and milk-tanker ... had a few days recently after the jaffas were let loose that were dicey

... ah, ulyssees, always thought they were old bastards - jeez, better get the missus to put some mirrors up ... ?facebook?

... ja, i would have liked to bring my sr500s too, had no idea they were so pricey here, maybe i will import a couple for the shed but i kinda like the xs650s

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Ulysses joining age has always been 40 hasn't it? Anyway, the local far north ulysses ride up around there regularly and has members in mangonui, kohukohu and keri etc. Fairly wide range of riding styles too, so some faster, some slower but not riding in a "swarm" means you get to ride your own ride. That is the only reason I still ride with them as I have heard some of the other branches are quite structured, ie, no going over the speed limit or overtaking the guy in front. We often stop at the cafe by 4squre in Opo
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    Ulysses down here in Hawke Bay is active with regular rides and regular social gatherings.
    Last ride seventeen bikes kicked their stands up and headed off but within five minutes the group had broken up due to riding speeds and traffic.
    We definitely are not uptight on rules but we are a pretty good bunch of safe respectful and respectable riders.....mostly.

Bike
    1981 yamaha XV1000

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wetanz View Post
    greetingz to the forum ... recently returned to nzl after a few decades of european motorcycling ... hokianga is very low key luxury in comparison ... currently riding a W1 Kawasaki and an XS650, both perfect for relaxed cruising ... had a sh+t-load of fun sidecar racing, esp sidecross

be nice to meet up with a few like-minded northland riders ... time to go fishing - enjoy
    Welcome, not many W1's out there on the road in NZ. I almost have a yam 650, once I find reg/rectifier for a 73 (seem a bit thin-on-the-ground ) Currently ride a slightly newer XV (TR1). Lots of fun roads anywhere in NZ if you go looking

Bike
    hi gonzo ... i like the TR1-theres a german site tr1.de that has a lot of good info-registering allows easy translation of the german bits ... your 73 xs has separate rec regs and the power grounds through the black wire/stator brush plate ... you can use a later combined rec reg but need to isolate the brush plate with 3 nylon screws as the later rec reg grounds direct to the wiring (green wire uses original screw)... these alternators are excited so need a good battery, the rotors crap out so test it before doing anything, less than 5 ohms between copper rings is not good ... alternators from later model rd350s swap straight in when you wire in rd rec regs and make an alu adaptor plate - these are permanent magnet alternators so can be used with a capacitor instead of battery but then has no e-start

yes-nz roads-definitely not what i remember-seem to be even fewer passing lanes-more cheesecutter barriers designed to slice flying bodies, speed limits to frustrate ... limp-wristed liberal cucks want you to drive evs and only within 50 or so km from home ... naya at least we had 3 militarily dressed people in blue guarding opo wharfe the complete holiday season ensuring no unvaxxed excitizens tried to commit the capital offence of having fun
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Ulysses joining age has always been 40 hasn't it?
    IIRC 40 qualified as a "junior" member, 50 qualified fpr full.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    ... checked out the far north ulysses group ... leave from a burger bar in whangarei on sundays ... to put that into perspective thats 2 hours one way from me ... to be honest, within 2 hours of me, there are great rides on sealed and unsealed roads with low traffic flow and even better opportunities for off-roading, and i dont have to wait for sundays nor visit a city ... nevertheless i welcome a visit from them one-day
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Thread Information