Thread: gsx1100

Bike
    Kawasaki KZ1000

gsx1100

Hi to everyone.
    is there anyone that deal with nzta RECENTLY to register an old bike with out any registration history at all .
    Im trying to register an 83 gs1100ez and its looks like impossible to do it with out any old registration or import paper,.

in the same time an old frame 80-83 frame for this model gs1100e with alive/dreg plate will do it,

so if someone know about it will be appreciate.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by avi View Post
    Hi to everyone.
    is there anyone that deal with nzta RECENTLY to register an old bike with out any registration history at all .
    Im trying to register an 83 gs1100ez and its looks like impossible to do it with out any old registration or import paper,

Talk to people in a vintage car/motorcycle club.

Looks can be deceiving. Don't give up.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by avi View Post
    Hi to everyone.
    Im trying to register an 83 gs1100ez and its looks like impossible to do it with out any old registration or import paper,
    I wish you well. Took 3 months to get my 1972 MGB GT recertified and a massive amount of stress. The biggest problem is getting through the first layers of incompetent pen-pushers. Once you get to the right people with automotive knowledge, the problem goes away. In my case, it ended up with an official apology from NZTA.

In your case, I'd be inclined to informally approach the Vintage Car Club of NZ (https://vcc.org.nz/) for some advice. They deal with motorcycles too and lots of old restored vehicles start off in the same position as yourself. The other option which would be a good cross-check is to talk to a VTNZ-approved certifier in your region. These people have a deep technical knowledge of systems and processes, unlike the non-technical staff at NZTA.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    If the bike is as it should be, your local vintage car club will have someone who can verify the vehicle authenticity, which you then use to get through the NZTA process.

I have heard some very bad stories from people going through third party certification people, spending a lot more money than they need to.

Probably not by accident, the cost for a cert is about the same as joining the vintage car club, in which case they do it for free.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information