Thread: 417 kph Bugatti on Autobahn- video of himself DOH!

Bike
    Indian Scout

417 kph Bugatti on Autobahn- video of himself DOH!

Well I have to say the in car speedo is bloody accurate when you check out the GPS speedo also showing. About 2kph difference all the way to 417kpm. At first it doesn't seem that quick as he takes his time to get up to 200pkm but then you realise why. He comes around a bend onto a long straight section and then floors it! Holy shit it goes like a rocket. Not that wise filming your face and number plate but he's filthy rich so who cares. Right or wrong it's still an amazing machine.

https://youtu.be/7pg1hhW5qhM
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Certain sections of the Autobahn network still allow unrestricted speed so quite possibly he was within the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Nothing like a pleasant drive in the countryside.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Certain sections of the Autobahn network still allow unrestricted speed so quite possibly he was within the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn
    Indeed, that's why he used that stretch of autobahn, Wittenburg IIRC. He did the same thing in his "old" Bugatti, 412 kmh.

I could be talking cobblers but that may be the stretch of autobahn that Mercedes and Auto Union used to test their race cars in the late 1930's. 268mph. (431kmh on a public road, record still stands as does the drivers record for the worlds biggest testicles.)

Most of the cars he is passing are probably doing 160 - 180kmh on their commute. My day would be made having that thing howling past at 400kmh +
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Nah it's with the German Prosecutors. There is no speed limit but the rule is you must not endanger others and you must have full control of your vehicle at all times. How much 'control' does one have of a car travelling at 417kph?
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Totally but from what I've seen and heard unless you cause an incident they don't really push the issue. And as he says in the comments;

For those that say it was irresponsible and dangerous:

4:50am on Sunday

10 cars per 10km so 1 car per 1 km

Good visibility is about 3-4km straight ahead so there is enough time to react.

The Chiron can brake from 400 to 0 in 9 sec. within 490m.

All cars are in the far right lane.

There was an earlier drive through the section to make sure there is nothing on the road.

There is a fence along the whole stretch of the highway, so no animals can interfere.

3 people were spotting on 3 bridges for maximum safety.

If you still think it’s irresponsible and dangerous, well, we respect your personal opinion.
    Anyway, jolly good show.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Someone should send this to Waka Kotahi to point out that you dont automatically die as soon as you exceed 100. Also note proper lane discipline - slower people keep in the far right lane. Not like here where most like to hug the median barrier at 80k or less
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Totally but from what I've seen and heard unless you cause an incident they don't really push the issue. And as he says in the comments;

Anyway, jolly good show.
    At 417km/h he's doing 6.95 kilometres every minute (if my maths is correct)!!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    How much 'control' does one have of a car travelling at 417kph?
    I imagine that the wife's Ranger would be a tad loose but he seemed to be doing ok.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday I watched a clip of some guy punting a blown Ariel Atom around the Nordschleif. While the driver didn't actually lose control he was a bit ragged at times.
    In comparison that Bugati was riding the autobahn like a bus. A very quick bus.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Nah it's with the German Prosecutors. There is no speed limit but the rule is you must not endanger others and you must have full control of your vehicle at all times. How much 'control' does one have of a car travelling at 417kph?
    You saw it coming.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60301705
    Manopausal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    There you go, I stand corrected.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I got an early birthday present last week...a ride in a V10 Lamborghini...I felt very safe being a passenger with a woman who could drive like a pro...never buttoned off through a bunch of twisties at 150k and made some long straights very short at very close to 250ks...that was in sport mode...she wouldn't put it in Corsa mode...she said that makes it go too fast...I don't think it was legal, but it was possibly one of the best presents I've ever had...I was smiling for a while after...and I had dirty overalls on...

Bike
    2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
    Well I have to say the in car speedo is bloody accurate when you check out the GPS speedo also showing. About 2kph difference all the way to 417kpm. At first it doesn't seem that quick as he takes his time to get up to 200pkm but then you realise why. He comes around a bend onto a long straight section and then floors it! Holy shit it goes like a rocket. Not that wise filming your face and number plate but he's filthy rich so who cares. Right or wrong it's still an amazing machine.

https://youtu.be/7pg1hhW5qhM
    That was impressive watching the video. I just made 265km/h with my 740i BMW in 1998 and I thought that was fast...

Thread Information