Thread: Happy Days...I finally bought a bike and I'm loving it:)

Bike
    Suzuki Volty 1996

Happy Days...I finally bought a bike and I'm loving it:)

Hello, so at 42 years of age i just bought my first road bike, a 1996 Suzuki Volty TU250.

After many months of procrastinating, viewing, googling and checking bikes out in person and on the net i went ahead and bought this awesome bike and really happy I did as it's a lot of fun, I feel like a whole new person 8-)

I've wanted a bike for awhile now to commute to work and more importantly to have a bit of freedom and to enjoy owning and riding a motorcycle and I'm loving it, I've only owned it for less than a week and I've already done 100 or so K's. Any excuse to go ror a ride and I'm there.
    She goes great and is a pleasure to ride.

I think the bike had been sitting for awhile before I bought it so going to do my first oil change soon. Can anyone tell me the correct grade/type of oil and what oil filter to use?
    And how much oil to refill?

This is all new to me and I want to maintain this bike as best as possible to get the most out of it as planning on going the distance

Any other Volty owners on this site?
    Would love to hear from you.

Bye for now. Dave. Happy new bike owner.

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650
    sweet ... hope you enjoy your learning curve ... iirc these are pretty much the same as the GN250 for mechanical details such as oil and filters etc
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave79 View Post
    Hello, so at 42 years of age i just bought my first road bike, a 1996 Suzuki Volty TU250.

After many months of procrastinating, viewing, googling and checking bikes out in person and on the net i went ahead and bought this awesome bike and really happy I did as it's a lot of fun, I feel like a whole new person 8-)

I've wanted a bike for awhile now to commute to work and more importantly to have a bit of freedom and to enjoy owning and riding a motorcycle and I'm loving it, I've only owned it for less than a week and I've already done 100 or so K's. Any excuse to go ror a ride and I'm there.
    She goes great and is a pleasure to ride.

I think the bike had been sitting for awhile before I bought it so going to do my first oil change soon. Can anyone tell me the correct grade/type of oil and what oil filter to use?
    And how much oil to refill?

This is all new to me and I want to maintain this bike as best as possible to get the most out of it as planning on going the distance

Any other Volty owners on this site?
    Would love to hear from you.

Bye for now. Dave. Happy new bike owner.
    Nice so cool to find something thats u love .oil on 125 suzuki only 850 ml not sure of the 250 .
    A 10/40 grade oil .but go into bike shop.enjoy .

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Suzuki DR650

Happy Days...I finally bought a bike and I'm loving it:)

Congratulations, I also got myself a Suzuki DR650 late January, I love to go hiking and camping with a motorcycle, so I'm happy to own it. And it's nice to be able to find people who share the same passion here.

Thread Information