Thread: Clean-up... Toolkit in a can.

Bike
    Suzuki Volty 1996

Clean-up... Toolkit in a can.

Hey guys, would it be harmful to spray all the metal parts of my bike around the engine etc with CRC and wipe it all down to bring it up and give it some shine or could it do damage?
    Are there any parts I should avoid spraying?

There are a few old looking bits and pieces that I'd like to give some love as all in all she's pretty tidy but just don't want to do anything that might cause problems as she's running great so appreciate any tips.

I really feel like my son must do when he's just been given a new toy, I've even been waking up early with motorbikes on my mind, it's great, whole new lease on life.....I keep planning my next ride, would love to get into a club or group so I can ride with others and start to really get into it.

Cheers. Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There are YouTube clips on bike cleaning and weather protection. 'The Missenden Flyer' does some. You don't need the exact same products he uses.

From memorey if you spray CRC on it can create a sticky mess, I seem to recall the advice was to spray it on a cloth and wipe it on. Also there is a better product to use than the 556. There is another CRC product containing silicone (more silicone?) which provides ongoing protection. 808? The silicone stops stuff sticking and makes the bike easier to clean. I've not used it though.

Time watching the university of YouTube would not be wasted.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Suzuki Volty 1996
    Thankyou Pritch, I will try a bit on a cloth and have alook on YouTube too as I think you're right, too much will create a bit of a mess. Cheers. Dave.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave79 View Post
    Thankyou Pritch, I will try a bit on a cloth and have alook on YouTube too as I think you're right, too much will create a bit of a mess. Cheers. Dave.
    Afternoon.

If you're going to spray such products around, please do try and avoid (i) tyres (ii) the saddle. For obvious reasons.

Cheers, Viking

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Afternoon.

If you're going to spray such products around, please do try and avoid (i) tyres (ii) the saddle. For obvious reasons.

Cheers, Viking
    And brakes......
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2017 Triumph Tiger XCA
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    And brakes......
    What!!!!! Those producers are ideal to stop brakes squealing and squeaking!!!!

/sarc

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Thread Information