Thread: 2095 HD Sportster 1200 - L side panel

Bike
    KTM530EXC

2006 HD Sportster 1200 - L side panel

Hi. I just bought a 2006 Sportster. The current battery is physically a little too big. Does anyone know the exact model/ type to buy. No wof yet so can't ride it to the shop to check sizes.
    Also - the L side panel seems to have nothing to latch in to (I got it like that). There are three slots. The bottom one slots into a little tang but there doesn't seem to be a place for the top two slots. If someone could take a good pic of the area without the sidepa el ... that would be great.
    Ah. Also... the rear shocks are 11.5 inch or so eye to eye. Would a switch to say 13.5 or 14 be too much?
    Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    No wof yet so can't ride it to the shop to check sizes.
    Wof or no Wof ... you CAN legally ride it to a place of repair ... and home from a place of repair.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Wof or no Wof ... you CAN legally ride it to a place of repair ... and home from a place of repair.
    Very handy to know. Thanks. Shall schedule an appointment.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    I found a vid on YouTube about the lefts side battery idepanel. Apparently the 2006 year and thereabouts have a common problem. Found a few fixes.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Very handy to know. Thanks. Shall schedule an appointment.
    It must be directly in the shortest route ... in both directions. With no stops.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    less than I used to have
    I found a vid on YouTube about the lefts side battery idepanel. Apparently the 2006 year and thereabouts have a common problem. Found a few fixes.
    That would be correct...the ridiculously loose and brittle clips that those slots clip into, attached to the top of frame broke, wouldn't hold the panel on...that's what cable ties were devised for, I found...one to the forward top corner is all that's required...

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    That would be correct...the ridiculously loose and brittle clips that those slots clip into, attached to the top of frame broke, wouldn't hold the panel on...that's what cable ties were devised for, I found...one to the forward top corner is all that's required...
    I did exactly that.

Thread Information