Thread: Bought the bike now need all the gear

Bike
    Suzuki Volty 1996

Bought the bike now need all the gear

I've bought my first bike and so far been ok going for rides in the clothes I already have but as we are going into winter I'm looking to buy jacket and pants, boots and some wet weather gear. I'm about a size medium give or take a bit (my waist has grown a few inches over these lockdowns &#128512 and I can ready already feel the cold when out on the bike in the evenings so just wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to pick up some gear without spending a fortune. I'm also keen on buying second hand if anyone is selling anything that will fit me.

Cheers. Dave.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Following the recent sale of my bike I have a One Tonne Dual Storm jacket (fully waterproof) and a pair of Sidi Goretex road boots size Eur45 for sale.
    Both items are hardly worn,bought new last winter but did little winter riding.
    Jacket was $235 new--Sell for $150
    Boots were $250 new--Sell for $150
    PM me if interested.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Following the recent sale of my bike I have a One Tonne Dual Storm jacket (fully waterproof) and a pair of Sidi Goretex road boots size Eur45 for sale.
    Both items are hardly worn,bought new last winter but did little winter riding.
    Jacket was $235 new--Sell for $150
    Boots were $250 new--Sell for $150
    PM me if interested.
    Did you sell the Yammie?

If so, are you still on the road? As it were.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Yeah Mark I did-Just too much bike for an old codger like me-Got a Godfather offer for it and that was it-One of the best bikes I have ever ridden and it was really heaps of fun.
    New owner stopped at Te Hana to change the settings and ended up doing a wheelie down the main street,on the throttle,in third.Easy to do.
    I still have the CL400 Street Tracker and the 68 S90 Sport.And with the new speed limits coming up,both will be very suitable for up here.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Yeah Mark I did-Just too much bike for an old codger like me-Got a Godfather offer for it and that was it-One of the best bikes I have ever ridden and it was really heaps of fun.
    New owner stopped at Te Hana to change the settings and ended up doing a wheelie down the main street,on the throttle,in third.Easy to do.
    I still have the CL400 Street Tracker and the 68 S90 Sport.And with the new speed limits coming up,both will be very suitable for up here.
    I'm guessing it's going to be a blanket 80kmh on the Old Russell road? What a bucket of arse.

Between you and me, I'm looking for a new bike for Jas, something I would like, obviously. Your bike would have fitted.....

Blackbird's KTM790 was pondered, too.

Oh, not gazzumping, but, I have a Hein Gericke jacket, large, which needs a new home. Could do with re-proofing but otherwise sound. Bit long in the tooth.

Replaced by a 1 tonne jacket funnily enough.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Suzuki Volty 1996
    George, are you in Auckland? In regards to the jacket, large should fit me

Thread Information