Thread: looking for advice on 49cc 2stroke mods.

Bike
    none at the moment

looking for advice on 49cc 2stroke mods.

I saw a KTM 49cc water-cooled clone on AliExpress, which would be a good donor for a modified engine.

This is not really a bucket engine, though.

I am following 2Stroke-Stuffing on YouTube, and thought I might do something similar, though without the casting, and running 91 RON pump gas.
    You can do a lot with TIG welding and J_B Weld!

Any ideas on search terms, good forums, etc that will help me get up to speed?

I am modelling on some published Aprilia 125 grand prix drawings of unknown vintage, but I think this is one of the high output versions.
    I am saving up for a small mill and better benchtop lathe right now, at an estimated $3500 nzd in todays dollars.
    Then I can build a water brake, and go on from there.
    At the moment I am messing about with an rc airplane-chainsaw hybrid engine, running air props.
    I want to eventually get into 125 watercooled, but the engines are a bit expensive for now.
    For Motorbike parts donors, I quite like the Honda GLH125 - it looks fairly sporty!
    To fit a 2Stroke motor, it would need a full frame do-over in small bore steel tubing, to lift the engine, and fit it to my long legs.
    I expect eventual results to be 20+ hp at the engine.

I don't plan to do any racing, and I don't think there is an actual class for something like this.
    Thanks in advance,
    Owen_N

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen_N View Post
    IAny ideas on search terms, good forums, etc that will help me get up to speed?
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...tuner/page2000

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So. . . Why restrain yourself to the lowest octane petrol available? Cost? Those 50s can burn through dollars of gas every few hours.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information